Chapter Eight

Chapter eight ~ edited

(Picture of Jazabel)

I woke up at 6:30. I was going for another ride today. I was seeing that stallion, taking pictures and proving that I actually saw him. I put on jeans and a pink polo shirt. I brushed my hair, grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. I saw my brother.

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I said back.

"Your friend has turned up again." I saw the cat, Charlie.

"Oh you're back?" I asked, giving him a pat. He started purring.

Here's how we got him. One day he just turned up at our place, stayed a few weeks, then left. Haven't seen him since. It had been two weeks since he left. Now he was back. He was a white cat and left hair everywhere.

I walked into the lounge room and sat on the lounge. I took my phone out and went to unlock it. The cat came and sat on my hands and phone.

"Really mate? Really?" I asked. He meowed in response. "Get off Charlie." He didn't move. I freed my hands and pushed him away. I put my phone in my pocket and got up. "I'm going nextdoor." I told Jason.

"This early?"

"Yeah. I can't help feed the horses and groom them and turn them out. Then i'll look for that stallion." I explained, while putting on my boots.

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye. Oh can you please feed Axe?" I asked.

"Fine." I heard him say. I walked along the trail.

I arrived at Seth's house. He wasn't around. I saw his mum and jogged over to her.

"Hi. Do you know where Seth is?" I asked.

"Oh hi Summer and no sorry he left a while ago. What are you doing here so early?"

"I decided to help with the horses."

"Ok you can help me, David and Matt." Matt was the guy who helped here.

"Ok." We walked to the stable. I gave Storm his breakfast. They just had hay. I helped give all the horses their hay and I grabbed a brush and hoof pick from the tack room. I took one horse out at a time and groomed them. I left Storm for last.

I groomed a bay mare, Dreamer. A palomino gelding, Steel. A white mare, Apple. And Jazabel then finally Storm. I turned out every horse after I groomed them. I tied Storm at the wash bay and grabbed his tack from the tack room. I put on his royal blue saddle blanket.l, then the English saddle. Finally, I put his bridle on and untied him. I mounted him and walked off to find the stallion and his herd.

I walked along the trail. I was only a few minutes from the stable. Seth's mum cantered up to me on Steel.

"Summer want some company?" She asked.

"Sure." I said, smiling. She slowed to a walk.

"So where are we going?"

"To find this herd. I want to see the stallion again."

"Wild stallion?" She asked.

"Yeah. He doesn't act wild though."

"Describe him for me please."

I wonder why...

"Um... He has a black coat. He looks like a thoroughbred. He has a white star on his forehead. About 16 hands high."

Her face went pale. That family could be strange at times.

We came to the clearing where the herd was. I saw them. Including the stallion! Yes! He was there! I grabbed my phone. Flat. Seriously? I dismounted Storm and waited. As I thought, the stallion trotted over to me.

"Hey beautiful." I said. Susan was shocked. Then for a second, she was angry. Why?

The stallion looked at Susan. It was like they were communicating. He lowered his head. I heard hoof beats retreating. I turned around and saw Susan galloping off. I looked at the stallion again. He seemed sad.

"What's up mate?" He galloped off to his herd.

I mounted Storm again and took off towards the stable. What on earth just happened?