Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter twenty seven ~ edited

"Summer." Someone whispered my name. "Are you okay?" They asked. A hand rested on my neck. I opened my eyes. Stacy kneeled next to me with her mother standing outside the stall, holding Midnight's lead. He stood behind her, looking at me with his ears forward.

I never slept lying down, was that why Stacy and Midnight looked concerned?

"Stacy, she's just a horse. There are no such things as horse shifters." Liz said. I stood up and nickered, walking past Stacy and straight out of the stall. Liz grabbed for me. "Don't let her run away." I stopped once I was a metre away from Midnight and I turned around.

"Mum, take the halter off Night." Stacy said. Liz gave her daughter a look.

"Why? He'll run away!"

"Trust me." Stacy said. Liz sighed and removed the halter from Midnight.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yeah. Let's get this over and done with." Midnight said.

"Count of three. One," I started.

"Two," Midnight said. We looked at each other.

"Three." We said together, shifting back at the same time. Liz gasped when we stood facing her in our human forms.

"Hi." I said. "I'm Summer. But you know me as Shimmer. And this is Seth, or Night." Liz's mouth moved but nothing came out.

"I found out last night mum." Stacy said. "Horse shifters are real." Liz stayed silent. "We can't tell anybody. They have to be kept a secret and that means not telling Tori." Liz nodded.

"Can I just say that Tori is the cutest little thing on earth. She's so adorable!" I said.

"So this was why, when Tori got on you, you didn't spook or anything and you actually helped her on and off?" Liz asked. I nodded.

"I hope you don't mind. She was too cute and she wanted a ride so badly and I wasn't planning on going any faster then a slow walk around the stable aisle. And I had a mini heart attack when I thought she was falling, when she was just giving me a hug. But it still scared the life out of me." I rambled on. Seth chuckled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Liz smiled.

"It's ok, Summer? Was that it?" I nodded. "She was really happy and wouldn't stop talking about it. She loves you. Says you're the best horse." I smiled. Seth rubbed my arm. I knew he wanted to leave. I owed it to him to at least do this for him.

"Is there any way you could possibly let us go?" I asked. Stacy looked down before she looked up at Liz.

"It's the right thing to do." Stacy said. Liz nodded.

"Alright. Where do you two kids live?"

"Texas." Seth spoke up.

"Oh." Liz said. I smiled weakly and got out of Seth's grasp. I stood so I was facing Seth's stall, with Stacy and Liz to my left and Seth to my right.

"There's something we have to do first." I said.

"What's that?" Liz asked. "Can we help at all?"

I nodded. "We'll need a ride." I said. Seth looked at me confused. I gave him a small smile. "We're freeing our herd." Seth smiled, giving me a hug. "What?" I asked with a giggle. Liz and Stacy left the stable, leaving Seth and me alone.

"You said 'our' herd. You've finally accepted you're part of my herd?" He asked.

"My herd too now. We're co-leaders." I said.