Nine

Amanda Pov

It was the following night, it was about midnight, (which was not that late for me, but I still knew that I wasn't going to sleep), I still couldn't sleep, and while insomnia is a bitch, it turns into a real bitch when I'm worried about shit, (because of course it does).

So I called my older sister Niamh (pronounced Neeve), yes, she knew about the whole sha bang with Gary, as she recognised Toby from a billboard, (she was visiting her in-laws in Montana), I'm not even kidding, (but she always noticed weird shit, even when we were kids), I was just hoping that she already awake and that I didn't wake her up here, (as that would've meant that she was cranky).

"Who the fuck calls at 6 O'clock in morning?"
"Hello to you too Niamh"
"I would ask why you're awake for, but it's self explanatory here, anyway why are you calling?, you don't do phone calls unless the world is ending"
"I'm gonna die-"
"We're all gonna die Kiddo-"
"I went to see Aunt Dotty"
"You didn't try to meddle with-"
"No!, Sammy was having the same nightmare for ages and I knew that Aunt Dotty would know why that was"
"What was the prediction?"
"That I'm going to die when Sammy's 7"
"That fucking curse"

There being an actual curse was news to me, but it sounded like a family curse, (it just gave off that vibe from the other side of the phone), so I obviously asked Niamh about it as she seemed knowledgeable about the curse here, ya know, (though she is older than me by like 7 years so she probably just had memories of it happening though).

"What curse?"
"The curse that Mum caused"
"What the fuck did Mum do?"
"She tried to stop the universe from killing Dad"
"Shit, I really can't tell Danny about this"
"Danny doesn't know?!"
"No!, he would want to change it so I don't die, creating another curse in doing so, (sighs), so what does this bloody curse entail then?"
"There's a loose requirement for it, like all we know is that Mum will always be involved in how the curse is handed out-"
"Fucking fabulous, Gazza finds me"
"It sounds so Sweet"

I thought calling Niamh would have helped me sort this fucking thing out, but atlas, it certainly did not sort it out here, all it did was make me want to beat the living shit out of my Mother, and leave me with more fucking questions then Niamh could necessarily answer here, (which I was kind of regretting in retrospect here Darling), so I was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Look, as much as I appreciate that you called me about this, I'm really the wrong sister to call as I'm shit at dealing with emotions-"
"Niamh none of us are great with emotions, that comes with growing up with Mum"
"True, I just think that Aoife (Ee fuh) would be a better choice with dealing with this Clara"
"Nobody else knows that I'm here-"
"Aoife wouldn't tell anyone-"
"I know that, but everyone at home thinks that I'm dead"
"Well yes but Aoife would know more about the curse because she was 8 when the curse was revealed-"
"But Dad didn't die until I was 2 and so Aoife would've been 11"
"That's why there's a curse, his death was prolonged for years, as he was supposed to die when Aoife was 6"
"Well shit"

Holy shit I wasn't expecting that, like I really wasn't expecting that, as that meant that if Dad died when he was supposed to have died, I wouldn't even be here, like how the fuck was I supposed to deal with that titbit of information here Babes?.

"Even if I do talk to Aoife about what Aunt Dotty predicted, how do I know that it won't get back to our Mother?"
"Aoife got adopted by one of the Addams-"
"She's involved with the Addams mafia?!"
"Well no, I wouldn't say that, she got adopted by one of the brothers of the original Addams, though you won't find her under Addams, you have to look for an Aoife Morrison-"
"If they were brothers, why isn't her surname Addams?"
"Addams was an alias, anyway we're getting off track, I'll literally give you her number-"
"No, give her mine, I'm shit at remembering numbers unless I write them down-"
"Yeah you don't want Danny to ask questions about the name you've written down without revealing that you're technically dead, sorry that I couldn't be more help"
"I now know that there's a curse that I didn't know about before"
"I suppose you're right Clara"
"Gee thanks, anyway I gotta go"
"Alright so"