Chapter 8

Yeonjun's POV

After we ate breakfast, I told Beomgyu that we should divide the lines, so we can practice singing the song because tomorrow I'll be spending time with Taehyun. We haven't chosen a song yet, so maybe I should look for a song.

I heard Beomgyu laughing out loud after Kai told him if he was a skunk in his past life. He's really silly. I went outside my room and told Beomgyu that I'll meet him after an hour. I went back to my room, opened my desktop, and put on my headphones. I went to youtube to search for a song, but then I was curious about the song Beomgyu and I chose.

I typed Earned It by The Weekend and to my surprise, there is a video that looks like a movie trailer. I opened the video "Earned it from Fifty Shades of Gray. After watching it, I was just speechless. Well, I'm old enough to watch it, but Beomgyu? He's not innocent after all, well the song suits the movie, this definitely not the concept we are going for. I should scold him for tainting his innocence for his age.

I brush my thoughts off and focus on what I'm supposed to do before I meet Beomgyu. I just watched random music videos and I came across the song Pillowtalk sang by Zayn. Back then people were really crazy for One Direction, and no doubt they are one of the best boy bands that exist here on earth. Too bad they disbanded, but the members still pursue their music and I'm living for it. I searched for the lyrics of the song and I love it. I also like the melody. I think it will be easy to make a choreography about it. I also thought that Taehyun can pull off the high notes of the song.

I explored more of the songs, and I thought that Pillowtalk is still the best option for lyrical dance. Instead, I searched for choreographies and sketched some dance steps in my mind. I saw similarities in the video, I should save this so the members could follow. I copied the links and put them on my notes. I will just make the group chat later.

I'm getting out of myself right now, I'm quite anxious because I haven't performed in pairs, being in the team felt different than doing it with a pair. We really need to find that chemistry or connection or else we're going to look like two empty cans clanking to each other. I'm not still sure about Beomgyu's potential, he might have a hard time. I hope I can help him.

"Hey hyung, what's up?"

"Hey, we should start dividing the song, I'll meet Taehyun tomorrow so I think it will be better to practice your lines when I'm not around."

"Okay, Jungkook-hyung also said, I should meet him tomorrow. He said he wants to hear my voice."

"That's good, wait let me just print the lyrics of the song."

I passed him the copy of the song, and I started to play the music through the speaker. We started listening to it and we tried to sing along. I asked him what lines he is confident in, and he said he's not quite sure. I told him to sing the whole song and we'll take a look if it fits him.

He started singing and I realized my eyes were glued to him. Beomgyu has a nice deep voice. He can be the base and support of the group. I can see him in parts that have an impact because his vocal color changes the atmosphere of the song.

After he finished singing, I clapped my hands and I smiled at him.

"You really have a nice deep voice." I said seriously.

"You really have a nice deep voice." He repeated it with his Daegyu dialect accent.

"Really?"

"I'm kidding hyung, thank you."

"Really?"

"Yahhh, you're so rude."

"You did it first... But seriously you can do the first part and there are lines we can exchange to each other, so it feels like we are talking during the performance. If it's okay with you we can do the chorus together, and you can harmonize with me with these lines."