Chapter 10

Soobin's POV

The other members started to practice and so I told Huening Kai to also meet me in the studio. We already chose a song and the night before we already assigned the lines. We can't really say that we are in an advantage because unlike Yeonjun-hyung he's paired with two members.

When I passed as a trainee that was the most unexpected thing to happen to me. I applied for the company but they didn't respond. After 2 months they said that I wrote the wrong contact details so they weren't able to find me. But then they eventually found me and they invited me to audition. The funny thing was, I messed up the audition so badly that I had to eat five ice creams on my way home to relieve my disappointment. I was convinced that I was never going to get in but then they said I passed. I don't really have that strong foundation in either singing or dancing. I just happened to pursue it because of how I love kpop and how I was inspired by the idols.

I'm really anxious since Kai actually messed up in our dance practice and we don't know if we can actually choreograph a pair dance. Kai is really gifted in music, I think he has a perfect pitch, he can also reach high notes, he just needs a little push to be confident so I don't worry much about singing. But dancing, I don't know who'll lead us there, we just need to work this out.

"Kai, uhmm what should we do about the dance?"

"Huhu hyung, we should watch lyrical dance online. I think it will be easy to also make movements based on the song, like an interpretative one I think?"

"Yeah, we should do this."

Kai rubbed my belly and envelope me to an embrace. I embraced him back while patting his head.

We started practicing and the song is actually pretty light, we laughed around and we imitated a couple. Since I am taller than Kai I was the one leading him.

The first part of the song feels like we are on a dating stage, and then when the chorus came we showed a couple having a hard time, and there we poured our emotions. I was really serious when Kai started laughing.

"Yah, why are you laughing?"

"Nothing, hyung. No one should really break your heart. You look ugly when you're sad."

"Ugly your face!" I stopped the music and I went to the cabinet where I put my bag. I pulled out my water and drank.

"Hyung, can I have water too please?" I threw the bottle on him and thankfully he has a good reflex or else he's gonna end with a bruise on his face.

// Hi guys, this is the choreography of their dance "Say you won't let go."

Finally, we finished making the steps, but we haven't practiced fully. I think we reached our limit. Unlike the other groups, Kai and I can both practice every day.

"Hyung, we should also get the audio file to Yoongi-hyung"

"Right, you can go ahead of me."

"Okay, I'll see you at the dorm!"

"Be careful!"

Kai left the room and I stayed silent for a while, this is really exhausting. I texted Yoongi-hyung if I can come over to get the audio file. He texted me back that it will be fine, and Yeonjun-hyung is also there.

I picked up my things and went my way to the genius lab.

"Hey hyung! What's up?"

"Aye, Soobin-ah. Everything is going well. You'll be really surprised when you see Gyu perform."

"You'll be surprised when you also see the new side of Kai."

"Wow, our youngers, are showing something. Don't be left behind Soobin-ah"

"Hahahah of course, is Yoongi-hyung inside?"

"Yeah, he's inside, I'll keep going Beomgyu is waiting for me."

"Oohhh, fishy." I winked at him and I went inside.

"Hi hyung, I'm here to get that audio. I was about to give him my phone when he gave me a flash drive."

I felt embarrassed that I hid my face with my two hands.

"Hahaha you're cute Soobin-ah"

I thanked him and I went outside immediately and I screamed.

"Soobin-ah I can still hear you, it's fine" Yoongi-hyung shouted back.

I ran to the elevator and pushed the button for the ground floor.

I arrived at my dorm and told Kai about it. He hugged me and told me it's okay. I gave him the flash drive and told him to copy it so he can start writing. I told him that I'll trust what the concept of the rap will be.

I went to the shower and I took a nap.

//

Yeonjun-hyung and Beomgyu arrived at the dorm with several goods from the convenience store. I made my way to the kitchen and checked the plastic bags.

"Oooh, I love this ramen! It's a ramen night."

"Yahh! That's mine." Yeonjun hyung said as he stole the ramen in my hands.

"Chill, dude. There's a lot of it."

Beomgyu laughed and pinched Yeonjun-hyung's elbow. Then Hyung glared at Beomgyu, and so he started walking away.

"Your temper hyung is really scary."

"No." He smiled at me. Gosh that is giving me goosebumps.

Taehyun arrived and he said he was hungry.

I prepared the pots and I started cooking the ramen. We gathered at the dining table and we started to ask each other how their day was.

"So Beomgyu-hyung, What happened to the practice?"

"It was intense. I don't know what to do if hyung didn't guide me."

Yeonjun smirked and he looked away as if he was embarrassed.

"You guys are kinda sus." Kai said.

"What? We didn't do anything."

"Defensive much?" Taehyun said.

"What songs are you guys performing?"

"Earned it by The Weekend, that was Beomgyu's idea." Yeonjun-hyung replied.

"Oooooh bold choice." I asked. Knowing that the song was showcased in an adult movie.

"How about you hyung and Taehyun?" Kai asked.

"Pillowtalk by Zayn, Hyung suggested it." Taehyun replied.

"How about you Kai?" Beomgyu asked.

"Say you won't let go by James Arthur," Kai replied.

"Wooah, I love that song!"

"I hope we do well," I said.

//

Hello, I hope this chapter isn't boring huhu. I mean I just want to show a sookai moment. I hope you like it!