Chapter 21

Beomgyu and Yeonjun were called in a meeting, together with their manager and producers.

"Can someone explain what happened?"

"It was a prank." Yeonjun said in defense.

"Don't lie to yourselves, how can we resolve this if you keep covering it up."

Yeonjun notices that Beomgyu is fidgeting with his hands, the skin in his fingers seems wounded because of excessive scratching. He held Beomgyu's hands and told him "Hey, gyu please stop it, you're hurting yourself."

"It wasn't a prank." Beomgyu suddenly said. Yeonjun held his hands tighter and looked at him with disbelief.

"But--"

"Yeonjun-hyung, they can't help us if we don't tell them the truth."

"We have been dating for a year now, what happened yesterday was an outburst of my emotions. It wasn't Beomgyu's fault."

"It's my fault. I thought I turned the Vlive off."

"Did you really kiss?"

Yeonjun nodded, he's ashamed that he can't even look directly into their eyes.

"We watched your vlive and the angle does not clearly show that both of you are kissing, You also cover it up by saying it's a prank."

"I'm not really sure how it would play with both of you, #BEOMJUNKISS trended online. There are several analysis videos but we asked the staff to review it if everything seems to be suspicious.''

"For now, we won't release a statement, making a big deal out of this will make it just seem too obvious."

"You guys can tweet a selca, caption it with "moa got pranked" or something. If anything goes wrong we'll be calling you for a meeting. For now, focus on your concert 3 months from now."

Both boys needed to go home to their dorm, this time their manager joined them in the living room.

"Beomgyu and Yeonjun, can you sit down please."

"I just want to say that don't be hard on yourself, I know people will be unsupportive of it. Some people will attack you. The problem with this industry is that dating is already controversial and what else could be more sensitive when it's a same-sex couple. The company tried its best to advocate for the LGBTQ+ community. Jin hyung tries to incorporate it in our music and as well as the concepts, he spoke of it with the greatest importance. But despite this effort, our country is still on the edge about this. The company doesn't want to hurt your innocence, this world is cruel for people who even just want to love and to be themselves."

"We understand hyung, what should we do?"

"For now we can't really say or do anything since it's been an hour since it happened. Like the company said they will handle this. Don't tell this to anybody but better make an explanation for your parents. I know they'll be worried. Rest for now."

"Thank you hyung."

They all stood up and embraced each other, the manager went his way outside the dorm.

"Are you guys done eavesdropping?" Yeonjun said loudly.

"Rude, you didn't even tell us you're both dating." Kai said.

"And you fucking kiss in front of the children."

"Words soobin." Yeonjun said.

"They are 18, hyung."

They were all seated in the living room, Beomgyu was still quiet ever since they left the company.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Taehyun asked and tapped Beomgyu's shoulders.

Beomgyu nodded but it's obvious that he's gonna break any soon.

"I'm sorry." That's just what Beomgyu said.

Yeonjun is sitting across from them, the other members are waiting for him to talk.

"Ehem, Beomgyu and I have been dating for a year now. I know Taehyun would say that it was that obvious but to make it clear we tried to hide it from you not because we don't trust you but we just don't want everything to be awkward between us."

"What about the kiss?" Kai asked.

"Seriously Kai, you're more interested in that?" Soobin replied.

"Who's not?" Kai looked around at every member.

"It was my fault, I tried to kiss him," Yeonjun said,

"It was my fault, I thought I turned the Vlive off."

"Beomgyu, please don't blame yourself."

This time Beomgyu stood up and ran to his room. Soobin was about to follow him when Taehyun stopped him.

"Hyung, we should give him more time by himself."

Yeonjun was worried, so he got up and went to Beomgyu's front door. He was about to knock when he heard that Beomgyu was crying so hard. He swallowed the lump in his throat as he placed his hands in his chest.

"It hurts, gyu. Please don't cry." Yeonjun went to his room with his teary eyes and blasted loud music to clear his mind.

Beomgyu is crying so hard but he decided to open his phone, his phone rang needlessly, he put his phone on silent mode and ignored the messages. But then he's worried about his mom, he called her immediately.

"Mom." Beomgyu said his voice was shaking.

"Baby?"

"Hmm, I'm sorry. Please don't hate me."

"I don't hate you, are you crying?"

"Hmm"

"Baby, calm down okay."

"How's dad?"

"He's upset...because he didn't know."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I'm scared you won't accept me."

"You're our son gyu, please don't cry."

Beomgyu was trying his best not to cry but then he failed when her mom said.

"You're the most precious thing in the world gyu, I want my precious thing to be loved. It could be anyone. Please don't hate yourself."

"Gyu, your father wants to talk to you." He was about to say no but he heard his father at the end of the line.

"Yeonjun huh? I know what happened was an accident. How long has it been?"

"Dad, I'm sorry. It's been a year now. Hmm yeah, yeonjun hyung." Beomgyu is sobbing harder now.

"Shhh, everything will be fine. Visit us soon."

"We love you, gyu. Please take care of yourself." Her mom said.

"I love you too." Beomgyu ended the call but he didn't stop crying; he fell asleep staining his pillow sheets with tears.

Soobin decided to peek into their room, only to see Beomgyu sleeping with his puffy eyes from crying. He then closed the doors and went to the younger's room to give Beomgyu his space.

The whole team was nervous about what they will be facing the next day...