Chapter 41

Ivena
^^^^^

"Amina, stop playing and get in bed." I wat he'd as she ran around her room. She has been trying me these days and I cannot tolerate it.

"Mommy, play with me."

"Babes, I played with you earlier and I'll play with you tomorrow. But, it's time to go to sleep." I explained to her and she started rolling on the floor.

"Mommy's gonna whoop your butt." I empty threatened. She knew I wasn't gonna do shit.

"Where's Jovan? I haven't seen him in forever." She asked me out of no where and I sighed.

"He's not coming around anymore, Mini." I told her and she frowned.

"Why not?"

"We're not together anymore."

"But I liked him." She complained.

"Get in bed, Amina."

"He was way cooler than you." She crossed her arms and I almost snapped at her. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Maybe I should ask her what happened.

"Mini, what happened when you broke your arm?"I asked.

"Will I be in trouble?"

"No, baby." I told her.

"Jovan was making me noodles and he kept telling me to sit down but I didn't and I was standing on the bar stool the I fell." She explained. My face went distraught before I put my poker face back on.

"Amina, go to bed. Goodnight, Mommy loves you." I tune off her light and turn on her night light. I leave her door cracked open and walked to my room.

Jovan didn't lie to me.

Mini was just being the badass kid she is these days. She has literally pressed every button I have and I guess she did the same for Jovan.

I don't even know hat to do next. My pride was stopping me from just going to his house. I felt bad because I went off on him.

I don't think there was any coming back from this. I've already destroyed what I had. I ruined the only thing I had going because it was going too well.

I guess all good things always come to an end.

My phone abruptly rang loudly. I looked at the caller ID, seeing that it was Byron.

"Byron? What's up?" I spoke into the phone. We haven't spoken since Jovan and I broke up.

"Hey, I was just asking if you are still coming to our graduation. You know, with everythibg going on..." He trailed off.

"Oh, yeah. I'm definitely coming. I wouldn't miss it." I assured.

Jovan
^^^^^

"Baby stop running from your blessings. Stop blaming yourself and fix it." Mama cupped my face in her hands.

"Mama, I tried. I tried. I have to go now."

"No, you don't. Stop running. Do whatever you have to do to make it right because without your blessings you will be miserable." She spoke to me and all I could do was hug her tightly.

"How, Mama? How do I fix this?"

"It will all work out."

I jumped out of my sleep from another dream from Mama. I wanted to listen to her but there was nothing else I could do for Iva to even listen to me. She was dead set on leaving me alone.

After Byron and Shania's graduation, I plan on selling the house and moving to Connecticut. I hadn't let the lady know yet but that was my only choice right now.

"Jovan! We're leaving!" Byron yelled out to me before he left for school.

I had a week left before I'd start packing this house up. I still had to tell Byron too. I'm not sure how to even tell him. I'll be on the opposite side of the country.

It might sound like there are more cons to moving than pros but there is nothing for me anymore. Byron is moving and Iva is completely done with me.

This is the end of one chapter and the beginning for a new one.

Clearly, Mama's dreams mean something. But what more could I do?

I already tried to apologize. All my attempts have failed. It's time for something else.

I dragged myself out of bed for the first time in days. I looked myself in the mirror and instantly threw up. Like how I used to when my parents first died.

I turned on the water and washed my face then brushed my teeth. My eyes were red and puffy.

I'd been crying for the last few days. All this shit was just too much to handle. Connecticut might be an escape and new start for me.

I may be lonely for a little while but when you're alive, you're never really lonely.