A Different Beginning ~ Part 56 ~ Updated: 2/13/15 Late evening

A Different Beginning ~ Part 56 ~ Updated: 2/13/15 Late evening

Chewing quickly I smiled glancing to Mr. Blackbourne as I swallowed down my food. “Not that I could tell.” My voice wavered a little and I quickly got silent feeling all eyes on me. Kota shifted over to my side his hands finding my back and rubbing very slowly. His hands found my bandages and I shivered a little. As he stepped forward, sensing my discomfort and I leaned against his chest. His hands snaked up to my shoulders lightly caressing the small patches of skin near my neck. 

“How did you know?” His eyes settled on me, but his voice sounded distracted as his fingers rushed around my shoulders, I smiled softly. 

“He was trying to swallow when he woke up.” I quickly explained putting down my fork. “It took him a couple of times before he was able to actually swallow. Dr. Green was also sweating much more than usual which is the sign of a fever… and when he did wake his eyes were blurry from the headache he had.” Quickly taking another scoop of fruit I chewed looking down slowly. 

“You really are amazing.” Nathan whispered. I blushing hard, I glanced up as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I definitely didn’t feel like it. My mind flashed back to my mother in the mall smiling and I could feel my stomach clench. 

Looking up, I looked to Mr. Blackbourne’s grey eyes. Feeling the other looking into my sole I shivered and glanced down. I shifted back to my food taking a few more bites before finishing my stomach a little nauseous.

Thankfully, Victor stepped into the room a second later. The memory of him kissing me as we curled up on the bed made me blush but I quickly stood. “Victor.” He rushed over pulling me into a gentle hug. 

“Good morning Princess.” I blushed and smiled relaxing slowly into his arms wrapping my arms around him slowly. 

“Mr. Morgan,” Mr. Blackbourne “Did the job go well?” I could tell Mr. Blackbourne was still glancing at me but I wouldn’t give away my feelings. 

Victor pulled back nodding but his hands continued to hold onto my sides. “Everything went very smoothly.” Mr. Blackbourne nodded glancing at me. “Do you want to take a bath Ms. Sorenson?” 

My eyes widened and I couldn’t help but smile as I thought about the warmth of the bath wrapping around me. “Yes please.” I whispered and he smiled as well. Shifting down the hall, I paused and glanced back meeting Nathan’s eyes. “Honey would you walk me upstairs?” I glanced to Mr. Blackbourne, Kota, and Victor nodded instantly and Nathan smiled rushing to follow and take my hand. 

Together we moved to the landing and I climbed the stairs slowly. Nathan stayed behind me, his hands on my sides to keep me balanced. Making it to the second floor, Silas stood outside of Dr. Green’s room. 

“How is he doing?” I responded stepping forward a little winded. They were still close by meaning something was still wrong. Stumbling a little, Nathan quickly steadied me. 

Silas stepped away from the door spotting me. “Better. He had some water and medicine before heading back to sleep.”