A Different Beginning ~ Part 64 ~ Update: 2/22/15 Late Evening

A Different Beginning ~ Part 64 ~ Update: 2/22/15 Late Evening

Mr. Blackbourne’s arms wrap around me as he guides me back against the pillows of the grey and white. The covers are pulled down in the corner allowing me to shift under them and deeper into the bed. I let out a soft breath as his hands slowly shift to my waist holding me still and I know this is my time to shift. Moving slowly my legs curling under me as I pull the blankets out and I am able to slip my legs under the covers. The soft touch of the covers on my legs and a soft blush causes me to shiver. I meet Mr. Blackbourne’s eyes for a moment and he nods his head ushering me to lay down. 

His hand slips behind my back and he lays me down slowly onto the comforts of the pillows. I close my eyes taking a slow breath as I shift into a comfortable position on my right side. Mr. Blackbourne’s hand slowly massages my back as he sits at my side. It as if he can sense the soreness in my sides from the fall. I close my eyes letting my breathing even out slowly. The wheezing had vanished and I was thankful that the oxygen mask was no longer on my mouth. Slowly stretching out my legs I wince a little from the pain. Mr. Blackbourne’s hands rush to my legs lightly massaging. I turn his soft silver eyes meeting mine. We watched each other for a moment, just searching, before a shiver erupted making me shake. Mr. Blackbourne pulling the blankets around me and the exhaustion set in even more. “Ms. Sorenson try and sleep.” His voice is calming and soothing as he shifts forward placing a soft kiss on the top of my head. I turn meeting him. 

“Will you stay?” I whisper letting myself stay vulnerable. I can still feel the warmth of his hands on my back and legs as I shift a little to get a better look at him. His grey eyes soften watching my ever movement. The hesitation is obvious and makes my heart lurch in pain. I quickly try to recover sitting up straight once more. His hands instantly rush out to help me knowing my back is bothering me. “It’s okay if you can’t. I know you are-“ 

Mr. Blackbourne’s hands slip to my cheeks, once I am sitting, making me stop mid-sentence. My eyes meet his and I am unable to draw a breath as he shifts even closer placing a delicate kiss on my lips. My mind is blank as he slowly pulls away. Did he really just-… He just… My hand rushes to my lips and are met with the lingering warmth of his. I quickly look up to meet his eyes. My heart pounding.

“I will stay as long as you want, Ms. Sorenson. But you need to know that I, just like the others, like you very much.” He whispers taking my hand slowly away from my lip and squeezing it in his much larger and much warmer hand. My heart flutters and I bit my lip. “But Ms. Sorenson you need to rest. You scared the living daylights out of me when I saw you collapse.” His voice is stern now and I drop my eyes quickly but I can still feel my heart pounding in my chest. I pray he doesn’t hear.

“Mr. Bl-blackbourne I am t-trying…” I barely manage and I quickly stop speaking knowing I won’t be able to contain myself if I try and continue with my sentence. I could already feel the tears starting to form in my eyes. Mr. Blackbourne must have noticed as well because his hand very gently pushes them out of my eyes and away. 

“Ms. Sorenson I need to know do you really want to leave?” My eyes widen in shock and I can feel my breath hitch. Tears fall quicker and I shake my head no very hard. My hands rush up to hide my face from view as tears rush quickly down my cheeks. I feel the bed move before I feel his arms wrapping around me.

“Easy… easy..” He whispers instantly comforting me in his arms as he rubs my back slowly up and down with the palm of his hand. “I didn’t think so but I wanted to be sure. When Kota said you wanted to I felt the same way…” His voice is by my ear now as he holds me close to his chest placing soft kisses on my neck and ear. I can feel my blush spreading quickly across my cheeks and up my neck.