Chapter 12 : Serenity I

Beethoven: Piano sonata No.14 in C- Sharp Minor, Op.27 No. 2 "Moonlight": I. Adagio Sostenuto

After dinner as the castle slowly began to  succumb to silence as the maids and servents retired for the day, Arien found himself wandering across the marble white corridors. His eyes fell inside a room through the open window. The moon light that shimmered in a strange glow, illuminated the bright piano positioned at the heart of the room. The velvet curtain flew over giving rise to a astounding sight. In a room embellished in complete black, the silvery white piano scintillate in its own radiance. Arien felt a tug within himself that pulled him towards the instrument of expression of enshrouded emotions.

He sat infront of the splendid creation and his eyes fell upon the note. He began following the sonnet. It sounded beautiful and serene...  It spilled the immense sorrow that its composer was burdened with.  It tucked at various emotions that the listener would have never known existed in them. The tranquil music began to fill him... he felt it flowing within his veins, his blood flowing freely, leisurely, drowning him in it.....

"I did not know you were this talented."

He heard the voice that he had been hearing every single day, for the past eighteen years of his life, yet it never seized to amaze him at how that honeydew voice nibbled his heart, making it dance all over the place. His eyes fell on her standing at the entrance, hands folded as she leaned into the door frame  with her neck crooned.

She began walking into the hauntingly dark room when he saw her for who she was....a goddess of war. Her cape followed behind, as the sleeved tunics and pants made her look like a gallant warrior.  The magnificent silver sword embellished by her waist as her midnight black hair flew past, made her an alluring dream from which he would choose never to wake up.

"I learnt how to play when i was in school" he replied as his eyes  deligently escorted her every minute movements. He knew it was rude to stare, her the Queen of the land nevertheless yet he found it impossible to move his eyes off her.

"Ah, that you did, you played it from  here?"
He found her eyeing the notes as she sat besides him.

"It is called -

"'The nightingale's sorrow'" Arien completed.

As her vibrant eyes met his, he found his body go rigid.

"Yes. It is called so" she replied with a fond look lining her usual impassive face.

"Is this yours? Do you play too??" he could not control his fascination as he felt an urge to know about her.....as he knew absolutely nothing about this magnificent person perched beside him.

"No i don't. It belonged to the High Queen. I had heard it play when i was a child" he saw her eyes soften as she reminiscenced the past.

"oh"

"I heard you had a lot of questions. You can ask away now . I am all yours"

" You weren't happy to see me back here" he gulped as a lump began forming in the front of his throat.

"What made you think that?"

"You said i wasn't supposed to see you again"