Chapter 3: Mishap II

"Mama look!! look what i found!! exclaimed a young boy.

He ran towards the woman, waving a vivid purple coloured flower. The woman stood sterring the laddle in the pot. The kitchen was immersed in a scrumptious aroma. The place appeared stuffy due to the lack of proper ventilation. As she turned around,the boy shoved his finding enthusiastically towards her.

"Where did you find it?" asked the woman with a tender smile on her face.

" It was on the plant, mama"
She frowned ,
"But it's snowing, honey"

"I can show you mama" the boy glimed with an innocent smile.

Such an adorable little face, thought the woman.
"Its okey, darling, i trust you" smiled the woman.

"Do you want to go to the market with me?"

His round green eyes with specks of blue around its rims, glistened with joy. Nodding his head vigorously, disheaving his brown hairs in the process,
"Yes Yes" he giggled.

It had been a while since he had helped his mother in shopping. The sky had turned dark . With the weather being too cold,the streets were less crowded.
After buying his favourite candy he eagerly tried to unwrap it with his tiny fingers.

As they walked towards their tiny home, a sudden chaos erupted behind them. Without skipping even a beat, she instantaneously picked up her boy and started running. She did not look back yet could see the raging fire through the corner of her eyes. When they turned around to a dark corner, she was immediately thrown on the ground.

The boy fell from her arms and landed with a thud. As she laid on her stomach, she frantically began to search for him. Unable to get up, she found her boy sitting a foot away from her reach with a perplexed look. Her eyes widened with fear.

A silhouette started moving towards them. She swiftly pushed the boy behind her desperately in an attempt to protect him.

"STAY AWAY FROM HIM" came her distraught voice.

Light from a nearby street lamp fell upon them when the boy's eyes enlarged at the sight beholding him.

A creature which was covered in a dark hood from head to tow walked in their direction. The woman forcefully pulled herself up. She stood like a wall infront of the boy.

"Don't you dare come near him"
she screamed.

This unworldly being lifted its arm showing it clad up by murky skin. It was roppy in texture resembling the magma once it had cooled. Cracks ran on it that appeared like the venous network . A red coloured substance ran through these crevices. In the blink of an eye, the dark claws on its hand had torn a huge part of the skin over the woman's stomach. She immediately succumbed to the strike.

As blood dribbled down her body she shrieked "ARIEN RUN!!!!!"

The tiny 5 year old, who used to be scared to watch an animated ghost on the tv set, now stood against the horrific creature with his fist balled together. He stood ready to protect his mother. The woman cried miserably for the boy to run away but he did not budge.

" Stay away from mama" yelped the boy.

The rag that the monster wore hid its face. Its feet were padded which ended at the sharp black claws. It did not like this display of courage which was a mockery to his presence. It moved towards him as his mother desperately tried to find something that she could discover by miracle to save her dear child. Her consciousness was slowly slipping away.

Just as the creature lifted its arm, the boy reflexively closed his eye expecting the blow.

" ARIEN!! NO" cried the woman.