Chapter 5 : An ordeal II

Arien was merrily walking beside Elixir. He hadn't slept the previous night as he was eagerly awaiting for his appointment with the queen. The red cloak that clung to her shoulders drifted across the lustrous white marbled floor, gleaming under the rays of the sun. His tiny feet padded next to it, trying to keep up with her pace.

They were walking through a section of the castle that he hadn't noticed before. Although Arien was really young, he had keen eyes which scrutinized his surroundings with a curiousity that resembled that of a cat observing its skein of yarn.

They passed across corridors embellished with beautiful portraits. It had men and women possing with their pompous grins. Arien's head darted from one side to another as he stared at the painted pictures with amusement.

   Several maids stopped dead in their tracks as they saw the lady of the castle approaching . They seem to sunk deeper into the ground when they bowed. Some even ceased their breathing but Elixir hardly noticed them.
  The aura that swirled around her pushed people to the extreme. It installed fear yet the tiny little human was matching her steps as he passed by. It made them wonder how a measly human like him could walk beside her as they had seen even the strongest creatures stumble before her.

"You are a very curious personality" stated Elixir while Arien was running to catch up, as he had been distracted by one of the paintings.

"Always aware of his surroundings... You resemble something" she continued as they passed an ancient fountain whose splashing droplets glistened under shimmering sunlight.

"What do i resemble?" asked Arien with his huge bambi eyes filled with fervour.

" A kitten"

As they moved further into the castle grounds, he saw people with swords in their hands. Some were fighting against one another but with contented look on their faces while some stood slashing the wind.
This caught the young boy's attention. He stood there bewitched, staring at their swords as they pierced at unfathomable speed with his curious kitten gaze.

"You seem to really like swordmanship" he heard her speak.

Looking up he found her gaze transfixed on him. He nodded his head with a tint of vigour.

   "I could teach you.." she trailed off at which his eyes suddenly lit up just like a cat which had finally achieved its objective by landing on a high pillar.

"...only if you could prove yourself worthy" she completed with a smirk on her lips.

Almost instantly, his eyes lost the spark as he hung his head.

"What an amusing little kitty. What makes you think you aren't worthy enough" He heard her ask tilting her head. She saw him meekly shake his head.

One of Elixir's alluring eyebrows shot up.

"why?" she continued with her prying.

Elixir could decipher all kinds of personas which surrounded her. She could plainly read through them. Greed, anguish, disgust, lust she had seen it all, yet something about this tiny human amused her. She wanted to know more about him.

She had been taken aback at the sight of him standing against the creature. Never has she seen any human last in front of the creature that murdered his mother. She had caught valor in his eyes.

" i could not protect mama" pointed out the dejected little boy.

He had accepted his mother's death with such ease and had never bawled his eyes out like any typical human. He had quietly mourned her death.
Thinking about him made her feel a tad bit of warmth spreading through her frozen heart.

Elixir replied "Not many have stood so bravely against the creature, you did your best in guarding her. This is something you should be proud of kitty."

Hearing this, Arien turned his head up, his eyes gleaming with a rejuvenated hope.

"Come with me " she said as she patted his head.

She lead him into a magnificent  carriage that stood by the gates.
He sat by the window and was completely immersed in the view that this land had to offer. They passed by beautiful mansions which were adorned with lush green gardens studded by colourful flowers.

Arien noticed that the people here had a peculiar sense of clothing. He also observed that some of them had avid eye colours.  He tried to spot another pair of those alluring sapphire eyes.

When they got down, he saw a magnificent ancient edifice before them. Elixir started walking towards it with Arien hot on her trail. Entering the dimly lit building his eye found it hard to adjust itself.

"Welcome milady, i was expecting you" spoke a voice.

A/n: The chapters have become longer!! Please do tell me how you are liking it.( ◜‿◝ )