Chapter 6 : Revelations I

A pair of bright emerald eyes beamed into view. His hair accompanied by the beard were silver in appearance. The room, which was previously smeared with darkness, now bathed in a beatific light as the man slowly walked in. He somehow seemed to be the source of this abrupt luminosity.

The white collar closed at the back of his neck, presented a seamless front overflowing till the ground. His features stood solemn which were being overwhelmed by a calming demeanor. A gentle smile lined his lips.

"You did a good job informing me about the attack and keeping it under the wraps" spoke Elixir with an incomprehensible expression.

" I did not want to lose my head, your excellency" bowed the man humbly.

"I wanted you to meet him." she stated as she looked at Arien.

The boy, oblivious to their unfolding conversation, stood facing the entrance through which they had walked by. Feeling her gaze on his tiny stature, Arien turned his head towards the man when he caught the white gowned man glimpsing at him.

"What a poor little child, he had to face such horrid situations at a very young age" he continued with sadness gleaming his emarld orbs.

Arien hadn't encountered someone who could feel his sorrow. This man standing before him appeared to be sharing his pain which was spilling through his eyes. He extended his pale long hand and patted the tiny human with a knowing smile.

"Did Arthur pay you a visit?" Elixir questioned the man as her eyes trailed along the dark walls.

" He did, milady"

"Good, now i want you to bless him" replied Elixir as she gently nudged Arien forward. She had him positioned between her torso and this kind stranger.

"I already did , Milady" smiling he sat himself on his knees while reaching Arien.

"Young man, I am Azariel, the priest of this holy sanctum. That burden heaving on your heart, let me reduce it." he heard him say.

Arien saw the priest close those soft eyes while holding his tiny hands. He stood there with confusion marring his bambi eyes.  Turning his head towards Elixir he saw her nod with a familiar smile. This brimmed him up with comfort.

"It's done" smiled the priest.

"I tried my best to reduce your agony,dear child" his gentle voice replied.

Elixir smiled when his green eyes met hers again.

What both of them missed was the shock that had passed through the wise eyes of the priest which had lasted for less than a microsecond.

Azariel was baffled by the sight his sanctum had to offer him today. He had seen her smile, a smile that had not yet ended up being tainted by her cold comportment. He could not help himself when he found an endearing smile appear on his lips at the images of her past.  When she turned around to leave, the man spoke with a slight hesitancy  in his voice,

" Milady, it is not safe for him here. He doesn't belong to this world"

Elixir nodded " I know that Azariel."

"Can i gift him a talisman to keep him safe?"

"Ofcourse"

"Let me go and fetch it milady, Arien-" turning towards the little handsome boy ,

"Please take a seat" he continued with his soft voice.

Something in this man compelled Arien to trust him. He took a seat on the wooden beanch that Azariel had pointed to. The priest couldn't stop himself from smiling tenderly at the action of the boy. He bowed to the queen and started walking away.

Cleo had been waiting for them by the entrance of the marbled shrine. He spotted her majesty exiting the ancient structure. As he started walking towards her, his eyes widened.

"Now now! I never expected to run into her highness at the sanctum" boomed a jarring voice.

"I never expected to meet you either, Count Harriet" replied Elixir in a monotonous tone.

"I am a very religious man Milady,"the man grinned. He appeared to be in his late thirties. Some black curls occasionally fell over his scar lined forehead.

"Indeed"

Cleo caught the glance that Elixir had directed towards him. Immediately, he rushed into the shrine.

"I have to recieve blessings from the high priest in order to live, as you see milady, not everyone is as gifted as you" the murky eyed vampire spoke widening his grin.

"That is true count Harriet. Not every creature has the brains for it" nodded Elixir with a knowing look on her face.
This taunt did not sit well with the man, as his grin flattered.

"I will take your leave then, your highness" regaining back his lost composure, the man slightly bent his head in an half hearted attempt to bow before the  powerful being.

Elixir shut the encounter with a curt nod. This man did not bother himself to greet Cleo, who was scurrying past him by the entrance yet his keen eyes did not miss the tiny human tugged next to him through the corners.

A/n: Hello my previous gems...... Please do tell me how are you liking it so far....
Love ya( ◜‿◝ )♡