chapter 7 : Mistakes II

The Creatures erupted into a hysterically laughter. They all resembled a cackle of hungry hyenas. Their eyes appeared to be dripping with sheer madness. They licked their lips as their eyes feel upon the tiny human in Maria's arms. She had instantaneously drawn her sword out and broke into an inhumane speed. The group seemed to be rather amused by her action. They began chasing them.

"Look the coward now chose to fleet" said one of them with s stricking resemblance to the previous one.

They started chasing them, wanting to hunt and squish them down like they usually do to their preys. Flying haphazardly on their sticks, these hideous creatures were matching her incredible speed. As on of these neared her, she swung her sword beheading the creature in fraction of a second. This act further  aggravated the flock.

"Look, the chickens dare hurt us!!" screeched one of them. They increased the intensity of the attacks.
Arien squeesed his palms which held Maria's cloak.

" Don't worry Young Master, I will never let anything happen to you. These stinking bunch of hogs can never hurt you as long as i am here".

Carrying Arien in her arms  decreased her agility to a great extent. The creatures attacked them from all the directions in a synchrony.

"These goddamn witches!" he heard her spit out with disgust.

After drawing her silver sword right through the centre of the another of these dainty creature's chest, she disappeared into the thicket with the angered witches hot on her trail.

Finding a six foot high stone well hidden by the overgrown trees, she let Arien down.

"Don't worry young master, i would never let these abhorrent creatures hurt you. Please stay here" saying this she jumped over the stone, attacking the group with her entire vigour.

Maria's swordsmanship displayed the immense amount of time she had spent on training. With each swing she brought down one or atleast a part of the creatures howering over her. As she was focused on blocking these from reaching Arien, she had failed to notice how one of these was stealthily crawling towards him.

Arien was amazed by the skill that Maria was displaying. He was statled as one of these witches caught him.

"Gotcha, you are such an insolent human, My! you do really smell goodz "
It lifted its green skin clad hand which had long black nails embedded on them.

"Ya will be a great meal" it said licking its lips. Before it could move any further, its head suddenly tumbled off its body.

"Are you alright?" he heard the familiar voice.

His tears which was welled up, suddenly started spilling as he looked into the soothing pair of sapphire eyes. He had thought that he would die here, tonight. The thought of never meeting her had brought tears to his eyes.

Elixir's enranged eyes softened upon meeting his pure innocent ones.

All of a sudden, she moved the sword behind her, killing the witch that was nearing her. She hadn't taken her eyes off him,not even for a fraction of a second. She was attacked by four of these creatures at once. He saw her move her sword in an immaculate speed that he had missed her movements. He looked at her awestruck. He stood there, transfixed. Maria was skilled, but she didnot match even a part of Elixir's skills. She din't even had to move her sword as she slay them.

"Weren't you supposed to never leave his side, Phoebe?" He heard her ask as he looked at her apparently calm face but eyes with evident wrath.

"Maybe i took my disguise a bit too seriously" replied Maria or Phoebe as she kicked one of the witcher's head.

"With that brain of yours, you can not even be turned into a begger let alone a maid." retorted Elixir.

Within seconds all the four of these laid lifeless on the ground.

"I am indeed very much disappointed and disgusted at myself, milady, you don't need to point it out." She spoke with her face clearly resembling all of these feelings.

"I am going to run this sword right into you, someday"

" It would be an immense pleasure to die at your hands with 'The sword of selene', milady"

They had finally killed all the creatures that had made their way into the imperial grounds.

"What a surprise! these bunch of block heads could actually find a loophole in the spell of The high queen, impressive" spoke Phoebe.

"Do you actually believe that?" Elixir questioned walking towards Arien.

She picked the boy into her arms before Phoebe could, shocking her. Arien could not control himself. He put his tiny arms around her neck, hugging her tightly. The gore that he had seen today was too much. He shut his eyes tightly, trying to block all the images of those dire creatures.

"Its alright, Arien, you are safe now" she spoke with a gentle voice as she affectionately patted his head. Arien nodded his head in a tiny yes.

"It is impossible to break into the spells by the high queen" Phoebe spoke, lost in her own chain of thougts.

"The person who was able to find the loophole is some one to beware of"she added as she began to follow the Empress back into the castle.