Chapter 3: Mishap I

Idabel Knocked on a pair of intricately carved black door which led into a huge room. It was located in the eastern wing of the castle.

" Come in"
she heard the daunting voice.

Opening it, she found her highness seated on the extensive wooden table situated next to a huge window. It was glistening under the moonlight but in Idabel's eyes it was because of this person, who had the habit of endowing her surroundings with that astounding aura of hers.

Elixir sat with an aloof expression, glacing at some papers which she had in her hands. Idabel placed a large glass filled with red liquid filled until its brim when she heard her speak,

" Did Count Harriett drop by?"

"No, milady"

" He has been too quiet lately, so unlike him" stated Elixir
bringing the glass to her lips. She took a sip of the rich fluid. Closing her eyes she relished how it danced on her taste buds.

"The man is indeed infuriating, milady" agreed Idabel with visible detest on her face.

Elixir nodded her head with a small smirk making its way onto her lips.

"Let's wait for his new tricks, i must say i am rather intrigued"
_________________

Cleo walked toward the massive stable that was situated in the eastern side of the imperial grounds. His black eyes gleamed over his pale skin. His thick eye brows made him look intimidating. He was well built and an excellent swordsman.

As he passed by, his eyes fell upon the colossal dark horse. Maxmillian was the queen's beloved. His lambent dark mane fell over the pair of scintillating eyes. Cleo caressed him with a gentle look on his face.

Each and every one of the horses were in their best condition as their caretakers never slackened. They knew the wrath of their queen. If some harm befell her stallions, She would not think twice before displaying their bodies on the arch way , thought cleo.

A faint smile formed on his lips. The queen was the first amongst the rulers, ever to have resolved major conflicts among the species and helped them in coexisting together. Its been almost a century since he had seen her smile; a smile that reached her eyes. He had always been by her side. He was the one who had thought her the basics of swordsmanship in which, she now overthrew him.

Due her excellency in all most all the fields, the dukes and counts detested her. But the Vampyrans had choose to place their trust in her. A sudden gush of wind flew past him. Cleo was broken away from his train of thoughts.

"The sky had been clear just now" he murmured looking perplexed.

Elixir, who had been engrossed in a book abruptly looked up from it. As the gush of wind, carrying dust and leaves made onto her patio, a faint outline started materialising.

Frowning, she made her way towards it. As she reached her patio, the leaves aligned themselves to form a figurine. The nymph bowed its head and handed over a parchment.

As Elixir took it the nymph dissipated instantly. The place returned to its original state with not even a single leaf in view. Unrolling the parchment, it read

'Attack in the mortal realm
~la meurt'