Chapter 1: The beginning II

The serene land of vampyra fell under the rule of the nobles. The nobles were the royal blooded vampires. Being the fastest, strongest and sharpest among all the creatures these were the choosen ones. Along with their unbeatable abilities, it was their sapphire eyes that demarcated them from their kind. The brooding black eyed onces never stood a chance against the chiseled features of the royal blood.
--------------------------------

It was time of mid day. The rays of the sun glistened as it fell upon the glass that decorated the shops of the excessively ornate market. This bustling market of Tinus was located at the heart of Vampyra.

A shrill cry erupted from one of its streets startling everyone. Infront of the clock tower, located at the centre of the market stood a burly man with red beard. He could be seen tugging a young woman by her auburn hair. Her amber eyes were red with the tears that were spilling over her plane white clothes.

"Let him go!" cried the girl,
her fragile hands clutched onto the man's hands as she attempted to free herself. Her eyes were fastened upon the young vampire who laid about a foot away from her.

"You have lost all your rights to talk" berated the man pulling her away from him.

The vampire appeared to have lost his consciousness. Two men with similar auburn eyes stood next to him with stumps bathed in silver. The dark red blood blemished the earth which lay beneath his torso.

The man thrashed the girl with immense strength. She quivered as the blow landed on her cheek.

"Prepare the fire" he grunted.

Shock crawled upon the girl's pristine features. The two men heeded to his order, leaving the feeble vampire on the ground. The crowd of bystanders stood with no speck of sympathy in their eyes. They were used to such scenerios. They stood viewing this incident with an irritating look on their faces.

"Don't do this, please spare him...it was never his fault...i'm the one who brought him here" wailed the girl,

To which the man replied,
"who said anything about you being spared".

Her eyes widened at the comment. Hurling the girl on the ground, he stepped back. Inflammable substance was being poured over the young couple.

She crawled towards the man whom she had loved so dearly. She clenched the pale hands of her dear vampire as tears continued to roll down her eyes.

"This was not supposed to happen... Everything is my fault. I'm sorry stef... I'm sorry" she whispered as she held his face to impart him their very last kiss.