Chapter 9 : Saviour I

A young lad stood alongside the cot on which laid an unconscious Arien. His black curled hairs fell over the big brown eyes. Curiosity teeming from them as they inspected the strange man before them. An older woman with countless wrinkles enthralled upon her paper white skin sat tending to their unbidden guest, who laid shirtless, severely injured on their wooden berth. She looked older than humanely possible. Her silver hair gleamed under the faint light that lit the tiny room.

"Is he dead, grand ma?" he asked.

"No dear Ivor, he is just unconscious" replied the strained voice of his granny. Their tiny abode constructed in its entirety with stones, was situated facing the stream or rather the river inorder to have an ample supply of fishes which could provide for their fill.

"He is healing rather quickly" she replied with a tiny spark in her usually blank arduous eyes. Ivor had never seen such a zeal in those archaic eyes of hers. This intrigued him.

He had found the man lying along the banks, in a pool of his own blood. The man was astoundingly handsome. Although his granny had told him that no such things existed anymore, Ivor had thought that he had met an fallen angel. But as he had slapped himself back to reality he felt this man to be of what remains of royalty, of the crown.

The older woman's wrinkled hands were skillfully applying the herbs on his wounds. Her hands were perfectly in sync without any tremors.

Arien's eyes flickered, which caught the attention of the young boy. He moved forward and helped him sit up as he placed one of his arm on his back in an attempt to support it. Slowly drinking the contents from the glass that was given by the older woman his eyes darted to his surroundings.

His eyes finally landing on the lad ,
"Thank you for saving me" he smiled gently.

The young lad's chest puffed up with immense pride as he grinned,

"You don't have to mention, granny says its one's duty to help those in need" he replied through his delighted grin. 

"Could you tell me where exactly am I" asked Arien as he looked down at his previously gaping wound which was almost healed completely.

"Aah sure, you are in the village of Luxor." answered the lad.

" -and i am Ivor Alcesta" he continued bowing his head.

Arien was taken aback to recieve such a gesture from the boy. Such  a strange behaviour, he noted. He also started scrutinizing the clothes that the boy had been wearing. He wore a tunic that had works of thread on its chest, his trousers were loosely fitted with a rug hanging from his shoulder. It reminded him of the Victorian Era. Luxor, was there ever a town or a city named such around where he lived? He had fallen into a shallow stream of water and had somehow managed to drown in it. Shameful, he thought. But then he never thought the flow of the stream was powerful enough to push his unconscious body to a different town.

As Arien was lost in his train of thoughts, the older woman smiled,

"you should eat something, you have been very lucky to not hurt any of your vital organs or vessels"

"Also, you have been sleeping continuously for two days" added the young boy.

The atmosphere that he found himself in was a great misfit to the present day society. It looked as if he had travelled back in time. The room had no other belongings  other than the cot on which he was sitting. It gave out an old rustic ambiance. Something about this place seemed odd. He tried hard to point it out.

Luxor.... his eyes widened as realisation struck him,

"don't tell me...... i-is is this vampyra?"

"Indeed it is, dear Sir" smiled the elderly woman her eyes welcoming him.

A/n : Hello beautiful people!! How have you been?? Are you guys liking the story? Please tell me your ideas and thoughts. I would love to listen from you.
Love ya( ◜‿◝ )♡