Chapter 6: Revelations II

"Take him home Cleo, i have some work in Constanta"

Cleo bowed his head at the words from her ladyship.

"When do i expect your return, milady?"

"I will be back in a couple of days"

Arien sat across Cleo on their ride back. He was saddened by the fact that he won't be seeing her for sometime. Before she left, she had given him a tug on his head,

" I'll be back soon" she did say as she looked down upon his gloom ridden face with an endearing smile . 

Sitting in the carriage across the brooding vampire, who had never bothered to speak to him, Arien decided to steal a glance.

"You don't have to worry, Young master. There is a castle full of people ready at your disposal."
These words ended up surprising the young human boy.

Cleo saw the bambi eyes trying hard to scrutinize these words. He could not comprehend why her majesty had decided to bring this tiny human back with her. Cleo was never a fan of the mortal realm. He infact detested it.

They were mere weaklings under their disposal yet this tiny, powerless being somehow sat here, under his presence without a tint of fear.

Humans had their intuitions and always  began shuddering at the proximity of the night creatures. Yet this tiny human, defied all the laws that the mortals, unconsciously follow. He remained him of someone, whom exactly he could not point out.

"She will be back soon" he added.

Cleo saw his tiny shoulders loose the stiffness at his words.

As his mood lightened, Arien was easily distracted by all the things that he was witnessing in this strange place. Never had he seen something like this; the way these people dressed, their appearance... everything was so different from what he usually saw. Even the horses of this odd land appeared to be much more grandeur. This greatly astound him.

Back at the castle, the little boy sat by the window sill. It stood overlooking the entrance to the magnanimous castle, which was guarded by several men who did not look quite human. His eyes were set at a distant.

"Are you bored, young master?"

Arien turned his head around, slowly meeting the raven eyes of an young maid who stood smiling at him. It had been almost 2 days since his arrival and during this entire time he had noticed the girl following Idabel around.

His lips were set firmly, contemplating his answer.

"Would you like to play with me? It would be lovely if you would because these people donot seem to care about me.." she pouted directing a glare at the group of servants making their way across the lavish hall.

Recieving no response, she continued,
"I even have a shiny red ball..." his head turned immediately towards the red ball that sat in her hands. He chose to nod his head sheepishly.

"Ugh, Why do you keep throwing it so low" complained Arien as he picked it up.

The young woman acted as if she was oblivious to the fact. " Was i?  i apologize,young master,"

It had taken some time for the young human to open up. But once be did, he was the cutest person, she thought.

"What is this place?" enquired Arien with curious little eyes.

"You are in the empire of Vampyra, young master" beamed the maid with a visible spark in her eyes.

"I am not a master, My name is Arien" pouted the boy .

"I do know your name, young master, but i cannot address the special guest of her ladyship with their name" she giggled throwing the ball again which he finally had managed to catch .

Arien's eyes narrowed curiously,
"How far is contacta?"

He was clever and more mature for his age. She had never met a human who was so composed at such a tender age. He was blessed with a sharp set of observation skills.

"It's Constanta, young master" she corrected him.

"Yes, yes that" he pointed out.

"It takes one day to travel back and forth on a horse" she replied.

"Can't you people use Cars which would reduce the time" he spoke.

She gave him a questioning look
"What is 'caars' young master?"

"You don't know what cars are?" His eyes widened.

"I am afraid i do not,young master, i have never been to the realm of the mortals" she replied.

"Where did you hear about constanta, young master?...aah! perhaps are you looking for her highness" she gleamed.

He did not reply, but anyone could spot the glimmer in his green orbs at the mention of her name.

" Maria, could you help me out" Turning around, they found Maeve standing behind them, adorning a lavish beige colored gown.

"Milady but the young master -"

"Idabel is out on some errands, and i need you to help me find my pendant... I will be late for the tea at the Barrons, hurry up!" she squealed while rapidly flapping her hand, gesturing her to move fast.

"Also we have guards stationed everywhere, he will be fine" She spoke giving an understanding smile to the young boy.

"I will be back, young master. Please do not wander away from the castle grounds." saying this,the maid darted towards Maeve.

Maria was an inexperienced young vampire. She was currently under training under the razor sharp scrutiny  of Idabel.

"You will shine with proper training, Maria. I would love for you to serve me exclusively" smiled Maeve as they turned around to enter into the castle.

Arien was left to himself in the garden. He started playing with the ball that Maria had given him.

All of a sudden, his eyes caught site of a strange little bird perched at a nearby tree. Its eyes seemed to follow his movements . Intrigued, he began to walk forward.

Too immersed in the bird,he hadn't realised how far he had trailed off into the thicket.

The Sun had began to set. The gardens were slowly being engulfed into darkness. Entranced, he continued forward.

No matter how close he moved, the distance between him and this strange black bird did not seem to reduce . It did not appear to move from its position, yet the space linking them presented itself as an never ending pathway.

'snap!'

At the sudden snapping of the twig, Arien was brought back to his senses. Panicking, he turned around to look for someone but nothing met his gace. He had strayed from his path and somehow managed to get lost from the castle's grounds. His eyes fell upon the lake that was situated before him.

As the reality hit him, he immediately turned around to run. His eyes widened and a gasp made way through his throat.