Chapter 9: Interruptions

Valerie’s POV:
~Three Days Later~
            Security was even tighter than before. Louis and I weren’t allowed to leave the hotel except for concerts. The interviews were being taken care of by the other boys, and the signings and photoshoots had been cancelled.
            We had traveled to Milwaukee two days ago. Holly and I had been texting and talking almost nonstop for the past two days. I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I can hear Harry talking to her in the late hours of the night.
            The boys were out at an interview and Louis and I were in the hotel room. The one good thing about this whole arrangement is that Louis and I could actually be alone, together, act all coupley without the risk of having the others complaining. For example, we were in our bedroom, cuddling, watching The Last Song together. We were at the part when Ronnie found her dad dead when I started tearing up. Louis started playing with my curls, gently pulling them down and letting them go to see them bounce.
            “It’s just a movie love,” he reminded me. I turned to him.
            “I know,” I said, my voice barely audible. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. We laid back and continued watching the movie. I noticed the whole time that Louis couldn’t seem to focus on the movie; he kept glancing over at me and smiling.
            “What’re you smiling at?” I asked. His smile grew.
            “Just thinking about you and how lucky I am to have you as my girlfriend,” he said. I smiled and looked down. He began singing.
            “But when you smile at the ground, 
                  It ain’t hard to tell, 
             You don’t know, oh, oh,
             You don’t know you’re beautiful.” I giggled and looked up at him. He studied me for a moment before continuing.
            “You really are beautiful,” Louis said, “Inside and out.” I half-smiled.
            “There are girls who are ten times more beautiful than I am,” I mused, “What makes me so special?”
            “Everything about you,” Louis answered, “Everything that you do.” I giggled again.
            “You really gotta stop quoting your own songs,” I said. He shook his head.
            “Not when the lyrics describe what I feel so perfectly.” He rolled over, so that he was hovering over me and he watched me for another moment, before reaching up and lightly brushing my hair away from my face.
            “Seriously though, how on earth did I get so lucky to be with someone as amazing as you?” he whispered. He leaned in closer so that our foreheads were pressed together and our lips were mere centimeters apart. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers into his hair.
            “I was wondering the exact same about you,” I breathed before we closed the gap between us. Our lips moved in sync as we kissed and soon, he was planting kisses along my jaw and he was making his way down my neck. He paused and I gasped when I felt his soft bite. He softly chuckled and looked up at me, then winked and kissed my lips again. I felt his warm hand slip under my shirt and rest against my side.
            Then the door opened. 
            “Val? Louis? What’re you- OH MY GOD.” Louis and I jumped apart at the sound of Harry’s voice. We were both blushing as Harry looked to the ground.
            “Val,” Harry said, straining to keep his voice calm, “May I speak to Louis for a moment?” I glanced at Louis who honestly looked terrified at the way Harry was now glaring at him. He looked over to me and I gave him an apologetic look before getting up and walking past Harry. He stopped me before I could get to far though.
            “Val,” he said, “You might wanna cover your neck.” He coughed and I heard a soft wheeze.
            “Hey, are you okay?” I asked him. He nodded and motioned for me to go to the living room area. I quickly fixed my hair so that it covered the mark on my neck. I walked to the living room area and sat on the couch next to Liam, who was flipping through the channels on the TV. I glanced around the room. Niall was digging around in the mini fridge and I noticed that Zayn wasn’t anywhere to be seen.
            “Where’s Zayn?” I asked Liam. He took a quick look around the room before shrugging.
            “Not sure,” he said, “He probably got a call from Perrie.” I nodded and turned my attention to the TV. I heard Harry’s raised voice coming from mine and Louis’s bedroom. Liam turned to glance back at the bedroom door before turning to me.
            “Um, why are Harry and Louis arguing?” he asked.
            “Dunno,” I said, probably a little too quickly. Liam watched me for a moment, trying to figure out if I was lying, and soon enough, he smiled.
            “You’re totally lying,” he said, “What did Louis do?”
            “Nothing,” I lied. Liam shook his head and thought for a moment.
            “They never fight about anything,” he mused. Liam glanced at me again, and then his eyes rested on my hair, “Why is your hair messed up like that?”
            “Erm, no reason,” I said, combing my fingers through some of the curls. I tried to fix the hair at my neck and the skin was visible for only a few seconds, but Liam saw the bite mark. He burst out laughing.
            “No wonder Harry’s so pissed!” Liam laughed. Niall turned away from the mini fridge to look at him.
            “Why?” he asked, not having heard our conversation. Liam reached to move the hair away from my neck again and I slapped his hand away. He rolled his eyes before he reached to move my hair again. But before he could, Harry walked out of the bedroom and I turned to watch him, my hair moving to expose my neck. Harry stormed to his bedroom and slammed the door shut.
            “See it?” Liam asked, pointing to my neck. Niall laughed.
            “Geez, what were you and Louis up to while we were gone?” he said in between laughs. I was blushing like crazy again. Zayn walked into the room from outside.
            “Vas happenin’?” he smiled. Then he noticed the mark on my neck, and raised his eyebrows, “Oh, that’s what’s happening.” I glared at him. He just smirked and walked over to an armchair, “So, Perrie’s coming with us to the next concert,” he said. That cheered me up a bit.
            “Awesome!” I said, smiling, “When’s she coming?”
            “Tomorrow, then we head for Detroit the day after,” he answered. There was some coughing coming from Harry’s room.
            “I’m going to go and check on Harry,” I said, getting up. I walked away from the others and up to Harry and Niall’s room. I knocked on the door, “Harry? Is everything okay in there?” There was no answer, only more coughing and some wheezing, then I remembered. His asthma... I quickly opened the door.