Chapter 34: Awaken

Liam’s POV:
            Zayn and Perrie went out into the living room to talk. Kiara and Holly exchanged knowing looks and smiled.
            “Do you two know what they’re talking about in there?” Niall asked.
            “Maybe,” Kiara said, “You’ll find out soon, I’m sure.” My phone rang and I looked at the caller I.D. I smiled and answered the call.
            “Hey Dani.”
            “Hi Li. How’s Valerie doing?”
            “She’s the same,” I said, “But her doctors are saying she should wake up soon.”
            “Well that’s good,” Danielle said. There was a moment of silence between us, then she sighed, “I miss you a lot Li.”
            “I miss you too,” I said, “How much longer until you can come home?”
            “Soon,” she said. I heard the faint sound of someone talking and Danielle sighed, “Listen, I gotta go. I love you Li.”
            “I love you too Dani,” I said. I ended the call and sighed. Niall noticed and gave me a reassuring smile.
            “You’ll see her soon Liam,” he said. I nodded. There was a knock at the door and Holly walked past me to go get it. I walked forward to the sink and started washing some of the dishes that had begun to pile up. The sink had just been filled up when someone put their hands over my eyes.
            “Guess who,” the familiar voice said. I smiled and turned around to face Danielle.
            “Dani!” She giggled as I picked her up and spun her around. I set her down and we kissed.
            “PDA!” Kiara called from behind us and Danielle giggled as we broke apart.
            “Danielle, this is Kiara,” Niall said, “My girl- erm, my friend.” I raised an eyebrow and gave a questioning look to Niall. He just ignored me and he and Kiara walked out of the room.

Kiara’s POV:
            Niall and I walked out of the room and past Zayn and Perrie, who were cuddling on the couch, and went upstairs into our room.
            “I don’t want to hide our relationship anymore Kiara,” Niall said, after closing the door and turning to me.
            “I agree Nialler,” I said, “When do we tell them then?” Niall thought for a moment.
            “The next interview,” he said, “We can make it official and tell everyone all at once.”
            “Won’t they be mad that we didn’t tell them before?” Niall shook his head.
            “They shouldn’t be,” he said. He stepped closer to me and put his hands on my waist, “And no matter what they think, we’re happy together and that’s all that matters.” We both began to lean in, our lips just an inch apart.
            “Hey Niall? Zayn says that he needs to-” Liam opened the door but stopped talking when he saw Niall and I jump apart, “What’s going on? Are you two together now?”
            “Um, we’re- uh…”
            “Don’t lie Niall, I know you well enough to tell when you’re lying,” Liam said and Niall sighed before nodding. Liam smiled, “You two don’t have to hide it from us you know. Now, Zayn says that he needs to tell us something, all of us. That means we all need to go to the hospital.” Liam’s phone rang and he answered it, “Hello? Whoa, Harry, slow down! What’s wrong? Mhmm, okay, we were heading down there already. Okay, see you there.” He hung up and looked back at us.
            “What was that?” I asked, “What did you mean what’s wrong?”
            “Harry’s freaking out over something,” Liam said, “He said that there were a bunch of doctors around Valerie’s room and they aren’t letting Louis and him in the room. Louis’s freaking out too.” We started walking down the stairs.
            “Why are there a bunch of doctors around Valerie’s room?” Niall asked.
            “Apparently she woke up.”