Chapter 1: On The Road Again

Valerie’s POV:

            Today we were off to the next concert and it was just before Christmas, we would finish the tour in a week and be able to make it back to London just in time for Louis’s birthday. We were all packed and ready to go.

            We made our way down to the lobby and when the elevator doors open, we were almost instantly surrounded by fans. Paul and a few other security guards cleared a path for us, but that didn’t stop some of the fans, the ones who didn’t approve of me, from clawing my arms a few times. I was able to ignore the pain until we got to the bus.

            “You okay love?” Louis asked, taking one of my arms and examining the scratches.

            “Yeah,” I sighed, “It doesn’t hurt too much.” He led me to the bathroom and started cleaning the scratches.

            “Well,” he said, “At least most of the fans approve of ‘Valouis’.” I giggled.

            “Who comes up with these couple names?” I asked. He shook his head and chuckled.

            “I honestly have no clue,” he said, “‘Valouis’ honestly either sounds like gibberish or some French word.”

            “It does,” I said, “Zerrie and Payzer sound a lot better.”

            “Even Haylor sounds better,” Louis said. He took out a brown bottle and held a cloth to the opening. He tipped it upside down, “I’m not gonna lie, this is going to hurt like hell.” He took one of my arms and pressed the cloth to it. The coolness felt good for a moment, then my arm started to burn.

            “Ow!” I hissed, “Shit!”

            “Sorry,” he quickly apologized, “But I told you it was going to hurt.”

            “Yeah, I know,” I said, squeezing my eyes shut, “Can you just finish bandaging my arms and be done with this?”

            “Sure,” he said. He wrapped my arm with gauze and started to work on my other arm, “You know, we actually do keep track of some of the shipping our fans do. I mean, there’s Cherry and Diall too.”

            “Who’s Cherry supposed to be?” I asked, closing my eyes as Louis dabbed at the scratches on my other arm.

            “Cher Lloyd and Harry,” he said, “And then Diall is Demi Lovato and Niall. I’ve gotta say though, Demi and Niall would be a cute couple.”

            “Okay, now I feel like I’m totally clueless,” I said, “I have no idea who Demi Lovato is.” Louis just snickered as he wrapped my other arm in gauze.

            “I’ll show you a picture of her now,” he said, letting go of my arm, “That should hold for a little while.”

            “Thanks,” I said, and kissed his cheek.

            “Anything for you,” he said, kissing my lips. We walked out of the bathroom, hand in hand.

            “Hey Val,” Harry said, looking away from his phone, “You okay?”

            “Yeah,” I said, holding my arms up, “All bandaged up.”

            “Good thing my mum’s a nurse,” Louis said. He sat next to Harry and pulled his laptop out of his bag. I sat next to him and waited for him to pull up a picture of Demi. I looked around the bus while I waited. Zayn and Liam were furiously texting Perrie and Danielle. Danielle was away for a dancing gig and Perrie had to go back to the U.K. so she could get her tonsils out.

            “That’s Demi,” Louis said, showing me a picture. I could see what he meant by Niall and Demi being a cute couple. I took Louis’s laptop and started searching the web for random things. What can I say? I was bored.

            I somehow landed on a YouTube video about this game. Slenderman, I think it was. Louis and I watched the video together.

            “You guys should totally play this,” I said after the video was over, “Record yourselves playing it and upload it to your YouTube channel. I’m sure the fans would love it.”

            “Sounds fun,” Louis said. He took the laptop from me and looked up the Slenderman game and downloaded it. He played it a couple times before it got dark out. When it was dark enough, Louis gathered the boys and set up a camera and screen recorder.

            “Alright,” Louis said, looking into the camera, “We’re going to take turns trying to play the game Slenderman. You boys got extra pairs of underwear?” He looked at the other boys who nodded, “Alright, my turn first.” He played the game for a few minutes before he screamed in terror and lost the game.

            “My turn!” Harry called and nearly pushed Louis out of the chair. All of the boys pretty much had the same reaction Louis did, Niall and Liam literally fell out of the chair, but none of them actually got all of the notes to win the game.

            “Oh Valerie,” Harry said, turning to me, “Your turn.”

            “Um, no thank you,” I said, grabbing onto the chair I was sitting on, anticipating what was going to happen. Harry and Louis tried to pick me up, but ended up picking up the chair as well. Harry moved the chair out of the way and Louis set my chair down in its place.

            “Play,” Harry ordered. I sighed.

            “Fine.” I played the game the best I could, which basically meant dying before I even got the first note. Harry was rolling on the floor of the bus laughing.

            “Shut up,” I said, crossing my arms. Louis put his arm around me.

            “Why don’t you try again love?” he suggested, “This time, I’ll help you.”

            I started up the game again, this time, Louis helped me spot the Slenderman and the notes. When I finally lost the game, I had acquired five notes, more than any of the other boys had gotten.

            “See, was that so bad?” Louis asked, and I nodded.

            “Yes, it was still terrible.” Louis laughed and looked around.

            “Hey, where are the others?” he asked. I looked around as well, but the others were nowhere to be found.

            “I have no idea,” I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move. I turned to look at it and screamed. The Slenderman. Louis must have seen it too, because he jumped, yelled, and fell off of his chair. Soon, however, the bus was filled with the sounds of the boys laughing.

            “I’m gonna kill you guys!” I yelled as I stood up and ran after the boys. Liam, Niall, and Zayn were too quick for me to get them, but Harry was still limping from when the girl had shot him, so I tackled him to the ground and messed up his hair.

            “I’m not Zayn, Valerie,” he said, “You can’t get revenge by messing up my hair.”

            “Oh?” I said, “How about your hair meets my straightener?”

            “No!” Harry yelled, “Anything but my curls!”

            “And… that’s a wrap!” Louis yelled as he stopped recording, “Well, that was fun…”