Chapter 41: An Interview

Valerie’s POV:
            I woke up, keeping my eyes closed, and smiled, remembering last night. Honestly, it was one of the best nights of my life.
            My head was resting on Louis’s chest and I listened to the beat of his heart as we lay there. I heard some laughing from downstairs and I knew that the others were already awake.
            “I can tell you’re awake Val,” Louis said. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He smiled, “Good morning love.” I leaned up to kiss him and my smile grew.
            “Good morning.” I rested my head on his chest again and just enjoyed this moment, just being here with him.
            “Valerie? Louis?” I heard Liam call from downstairs, “Get up! We’ve got a busy day!” I groaned and Louis chuckled.
            “We have to go downstairs sometime,” he reminded me. I just wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tighter and he chuckled again.

            After pulling on some clothes, Louis and I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Holly, Kiara, Niall, and Liam were sitting at the table, eating.
            “Where’re the others?” Louis asked.
            “Living room,” Holly responded before taking a bite out of her bacon.
            “Go and fix yourselves a plate,” Liam said. Louis and I did just that and took the two remaining seats at the table. I sat next to Holly and took a couple bites out of my toast before I felt someone watching me. I looked up at the girls and caught them staring at my hair.
            “What?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. Holly rolled her eyes and grabbed my wrist and pulled me up. She led me to the bathroom and positioned me in front of the mirror.
            “Your hair is more tangled than it usually is in the morning,” Holly said, “Don’t you think?” She was right. I groaned and started to try to fix my hair. Holly just laughed, “Just be glad Harry didn’t hear you two last night. You’re lucky he’s a heavy sleeper.” I blushed as I grabbed a brush and started pulling it through the snarls.
            “You can stop now,” Holly said after about a minute of this, “Your hair looks like your normal bed head.” I rolled my eyes as I put down the brush. We walked back out to the kitchen and sat down. The boys were already talking about what was going on today. Well, Liam and Louis were, Niall and Kiara on the other hand were staring at each other with googly eyes.
            “What’ve we got planned for today?” Louis asked, waving a strip of bacon around as he spoke.
            “We have an interview first,” Liam said, “And then we have a meeting with Simon after.” Liam took his plate and brought it to the sink, “He said he wants us to bring everyone, including the girls.”
            “Why does he want us to come along?”” Holly asked. Liam just shrugged.
            “No idea.”

*Two Hours Later*

            We had just arrived at the studio that the interview was being done at. All ten of us were led to the dressing room, where Lou was waiting.
            “Okay,” she began as soon as we got into the room, “I don’t want any funny business from any of you. I don’t have much time to do your make up boys. Louis, you’re first.”
            “No!” Louis hid behind me, “Please not the make up!”
            “Louis…” Lou said warningly, “Get your arse in this chair now!” I rolled my eyes and stepped to the side. Lou grabbed Louis’s wrist and dragged him over to the chair and sat him down. The rest of us took a seat.
            “So, why does Simon want to see us?” Harry asked Liam. Liam shrugged.
            “He just told me that he had some news for us.” Harry and Liam kept talking, coming up with ideas for what Simon would want to talk to us about. I heard Niall and Kiara talking.
            “They’re going to ask whose single,” Niall mentioned. Kiara sighed.
            “And you’re wondering whether or not we should go public,” she guessed and he nodded. Kiara was silent for a moment, before nodding, “I think it’s about time we do go public.” Niall smiled and nodded. Kiara rested her head on Niall’s shoulder and sighed with content.
            Across from them, Zayn and Perrie were having their own conversation.
            “Do we tell people?” Perrie was asking, “You know, about the baby?” Zayn furrowed his eyebrows.
            “I don’t know,” Zayn said, “We don’t know how the fans will react, and if they don’t take it well, I don’t want you or the baby getting hurt.” He placed his hand on her tummy.
            “So, no telling anyone until later,” Perrie said, and Zayn nodded, “But we’ll have to tell Simon though,” Perrie said, “Right?” Zayn nodded.
            “I think that’s the best way to go,” he said.
            “Okay,” Lou said, stepping back from Louis, “You’re all done Louis.” Louis walked over to me from the chair and sat down next to me, “Niall, you’re up next.” Niall groaned and reluctantly got up from next to Kiara and sat in the chair for Lou to begin her work on his makeup.
            Soon, all of the boys were ready and we were all just waiting around. Someone knocked at the door before opening it.
            “Time to get out there boys,” the stage manager said.

A.N.:
Hey y'all!
I'm so sorry for the wait guys! So much has been going on in the past three days and I had writer's block and a shirtless Louis picture kept distracting me... 
Just a warning, I think that the next chapter will be the last of Nobody Compares, and then, Truly Madly Deeply (The Sequel) will begin soon after, but I may take a little break to work on my other fanfics. Don't worry though, the break won't be long!
Well, I don't know when I'll have the next chapter up, but I'll have it up as soon as I can.
Until next time, later gaters!