Chapter 18: Mockery

Valerie’s POV:
            I covered my mouth and backed away from the door; afraid I’d squeal in excitement and give us away. Louis chuckled and closed the door lightly.
            “Should I go out there and give him a rough time?” he asked, “Like he does when he sees us kiss?” I smiled and nodded. Louis opened the door and walked out.
            “What do you think you’re doing?” Louis said. I peeked around the corner just in time to see Holly and Harry jump apart.
            “Um, we were, erm…” Harry started, but Louis cut him off.
            “Why were you kissing my birthday buddy?” Louis said, his voice filled with fake anger. I covered my mouth again to stifle my giggles.
            “Why does it matter to you?” Harry asked.
            “BECAUSE SHE’S MY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!” Louis screamed at the top of his lungs. I walked by them and grabbed Holly’s arm. I dragged her down the stairs, where the other boys were gathering. Liam looked at me, confused, and I winked, letting him know that it was all a joke. He rolled his eyes and continued to watch Louis and Harry’s ‘shouting match’.
            I dragged Holly to the kitchen and squealed.
            “You two kissed!” I squealed. I heard chuckling coming from the boys in the other room, but ignored them. Holly beamed and nodded. I squealed and ran in place, seriously excited. My brother and one of my best friends… eeek! I took a few deep breaths and calmed myself down. Holly watched me do this, amused at my reaction.
            “Okay, okay,” I muttered, “Now, after Louis’s done messing with Harry, you need to talk with him.”
            “Messing with him?” Holly asked, cracking up, “It’s all a joke?” I nodded, laughing a little myself.
            “Yep, for the hard times he gives Louis and me,” I said. Holly just started laughing harder. We walked out to the bottom of the stairs and watched Louis finish the fight.
            “What’s up with you Louis?”
            “NO MORE KISSING FOR YOU! NOPE! NO MORE KISSY-KISSY!”
I covered my mouth again and started giggling. Harry looked down at me, hearing my giggles. Louis smiled and started laughing. Realizing what was going on, Harry stormed off down the hallway and soon a door slammed.
            “I’ll go talk to him,” Holly said. She walked up the stairs and past Louis. He skipped down the stairs, still laughing.
            “Brilliant,” Liam said when Louis got down the stairs. They high fived and Louis came to my side and wrapped his arm around my waist.

Harry’s POV:
            “NO MORE KISSING FOR YOU! NOPE! NO MORE KISSY-KISSY!”
            What is Louis on? Seriously, he’s acting like Holly’s his sister or something… only, he’s failing miserably at telling me off. That’s when I heard a giggle. I looked down at the bottom of the stairs into the crowd we had gathered and saw Valerie trying to stifle her giggling. Then, Louis burst out laughing. Wait, what was going on, first Louis’s acting like he’s Holly’s overprotective brother, and then- wait…
            I stormed into my room and slammed the door. I fell back on my bed, crossed my arms and stared at the ceiling. I knew Louis was just trying to mess with me, but it really pissed me off. Did I ever act that crazy when I was telling Louis off? …Okay, maybe I did, but that still didn’t give him the right to mock me.
            There was a knock at the door.
            “Go away,” I grumbled, not bothering to see who it was. They came in anyways and I felt my bed sink a little as they sat on my bed.
            “Hey Harry,” Holly’s sweet voice spoke. I felt some of my annoyance slip away as I turned my head to look at her.
            “Hi,” I said.
            “You okay?” she asked, raising her eyebrow. I smiled a little.
            “Yeah, I’m fine.” She rolled her eyes.
            “Yes, you’re clearly fine when you stormed off into your room after what happened out there,” she said.
            “I’m fine now because you’re here,” I whispered, turning away from her. A second later, Holly’s hand touched my cheek and turned my head back to face her.
            “Harry,” she started, staring into my eyes, “I need to know. That kiss… did you feel anything?” I paused before sitting up and facing her. She bit her lip, waiting for my answer.
            “Yes,” I said, spilling my feelings to her, “Sparks, fireworks, nuclear bombs; all of that and so much more.” I watched her reaction, praying that she felt the same way. She smiled and before I knew what was happening, she crashed her lips to mine. I grabbed her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck. Our lips moved as one and our breathing grew heavier as we kissed.
            I was the one to pull away, needing to catch my breath.
            “So I assume that means you feel the same way,” I said. Our foreheads were pressed together and we were both breathing heavily. She nodded and smiled that smile that could make the whole room brighter, “Then how about I take you out on a date? Tomorrow, 4 o’clock?”
            “Sounds like a plan,” she said, smiling wider.
            Yes!