Chapter 35: Forgotten

Louis’s POV:
            I was sitting in my usual place, beside her bed, holding her hand. Harry was in a chair on the other side of her bed, looking up at the TV.
            I was looking at the ground, about to drift off, when her hand squeezed mine. I looked up to meet her confused gaze.
            “Val…” I smiled and enveloped her in a tight hug. I should have known something was off when she froze.
            “W-Where am I?” she asked, looking around confusedly.
            “In the hospital,” Harry said. Valerie looked over at Harry and she smiled a little.
            “Why?”
            “Eleanor and Derek,” Harry hissed. Valerie just looked even more confused.
            “Who are Eleanor and Derek?” Valerie asked. She looked over to me and looked me over, “And who are you?”
            Who are you? Those three words nearly crushed my heart. That was an hour ago. Now Harry and I were outside her room watching the doctors bustling around.
            Harry had called Liam and now everyone was on their way.
            “Harry? Louis?” I heard Holly call from down the hall. As soon as Harry heard Holly’s voice, he ran to her and enveloped her in a hug. The others walked past the two lovebirds and over to me. I noticed they had someone else with them.
            “Hey Danielle,” I said with a weak smile. She responded with a sad smile.
            “Hey Louis.”
            “What’s going on?” Liam asked. Harry and Holly caught up to us.
            “She can’t remember the past few months,” Harry said, “Last she remembers, she was in Richard’s basement, which means she only remembers me.”

*One Hour Later*

Valerie’s POV:
            What happened? What happened that landed me here? God, the last thing I remember was kicking him in the family jewels and after that… everything goes blank.
            And who was that boy who was holding my hand? Why was he holding my hand? Don’t get me wrong, he was good looking and all, but it felt… strange not remembering the person who had been at your side after waking up from a coma.
            There was a knock at the door and Harry came into the room.
            “Hey Val,” he said softly. He closed the door and walked over to the chair at the side of my bed and sat down, “How much do you remember?”
            “I only remember kicking him where it counts and then running.” Harry nodded.
            “That was back in August then,” he said.
            “What day is it today?” I asked, expecting for him to say a date fairly close to August. Harry bit his lip.
            “February 27th,” he responded. I nodded slowly.
            “How long have I been out?”
            “A month and a week.” I put my face in my hands and groaned. Not only have I been in a coma for over a month, but about five months of my life have been erased from my memory.
            “Who was that boy who was in here before?” I asked. Harry gave a half smile.
            “Louis Tomlinson,” he said, “My bandmate, best friend, and your boyfriend.” Boyfriend? Okay… hadn’t expected that one…
            I continued to ask more questions. I asked about Harry’s band, who else was in the band, where mum, dad, and Gemma were, things like that.
            “When can I go home?” I was growing tired, but I wanted to know when I could leave this God forsaken place. I hated hospitals… and doctors too…
            “I’m not sure,” Harry said, leaning back in his chair, “Listen, you look tired. Why don’t you get some rest and I’ll see how fast you can get out of here.” I nodded, my eyes already closing, and soon, I was dreaming.
            At least… I think it was a dream…

            I screamed. He was hitting me, over and over again. The pain was intense, but I didn’t cry. I had run out of tears long before.
            He covered my mouth and I whimpered.
            “Shut up you worthless whore,” he sneered. I couldn’t take it anymore. I bit his hand and I tasted blood. He screamed and held his hand as I got up and bolted out of the basement. I heard him running up the stairs behind me, but I didn’t look back, I just ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I was just about to reach for the handle of the door that would lead me to freedom when he grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth.
            "You shouldn’t have done that bitch.” I struggled, and then I kicked him where it counted. He crumpled to the ground, moaning in agony. I opened the door and ran. I was free!
            My clothes were tattered and worn and ripped, but I kept running down the street. I turned a corner and found myself in a big city. I looked down a few streets and saw a police station. Just three blocks stood between me and finding my family.
            I looked behind me and saw him running, slowly might I add, towards me. I bolted down the pavement. Two more blocks, one more block. And then…
            I crashed into a man, and we both fell to the ground. Four other men were holding out their hands to help us up.
           “Sorry, sorry, sorry,” I said, looking behind me to see where he was. 
           “Oh, don’t apologize love, I-” the man stopped talking and I turned to look at him, “Valerie?” My eyes went wide and I realized who I had crashed into.
           “Oh my God, Harry!” We were both kneeling on the ground now, ignoring the four guys around us. Harry’s face lit up with a smile and he pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, tight, not planning on letting go.
           “Valerie, I’m so sorry. I could have stopped him, I could have- could have-” Harry was crying into my shoulder.
           “Harry!” I said, pulling back a little to look into his eyes, “Shush!” He chuckled and pulled me back in for a hug. We stayed there like that for a while, just happy to have finally found each other again.
            I heard someone clearing their throat and Harry chuckled. He pulled me up and took one look at me, and his smile faded when he saw the injuries. The fresh cuts were still bleeding and I saw that I had gotten some blood on his shirt and that he had some blood on his hands from my back. I hadn’t noticed it before, but I was starting to feel dizzy. How much blood was I losing?
           “Valerie, we should get you to a hospital,” he said, “Like right now.”
           “Harry, I-” I started, but I couldn’t finish. I began to fall and I felt two arms catch me before I hit the ground. My vision started to cloud, but I still saw five figures leaning over me.
           “Shit!” I heard Harry yell, just before I blacked out again.

            I woke up, not remembering where I was. Harry had fallen asleep in the chair next to my bed and the guy, Louis, was asleep on one of the couches. He had what looked like dried tear trails on his cheeks, like he had been crying. If what Harry said, about Louis being my boyfriend, was true, then I must be putting him through hell, not knowing who he was… but he was in my dream… along with three other guys, who I’m assuming are the other members of One Direction.
            I reached over to Harry and pocked him, trying to wake him up, but to no avail.
            “Harry!” I whisper-yelled. Again, nothing. I grabbed one of the pillows from behind my head and hit him in the face with it. That woke him up…
            “Wut…” he grumbled sleepily.
            “Harry, what exactly happened the day you found me?” Harry sat up straighter and rubbed his eyes.
            “We literally ran into each other,” he said, “You were losing a lot of blood and you just, passed out. Why? Do you remember?” I nodded and he smiled, “That’s good! Do you remember anything else?” I shook my head, “Well, if you’re already remembering things, your memory should come back in no time.”