Chapter 13: So We Meet Again

Valerie’s POV:

            “I’m famished,” Perrie said as we walked out a shop. We’ve been shopping for the past hour.

            “Me too,” I said, “Let’s find the food court and get something to eat.” Perrie nodded and, with the two guards that came with us, we headed to the food court. We ordered some food and walked to an empty table. I heard some clicks and knew that the paps had found us. I just hoped they’d keep their distance.

            “So, why did Harry need to have a talk with Louis?” Perrie asked as we sat down.

            “Erm, well, the other boys were out at an interview and Louis and I were alone,” I started. Perrie started smirking and I rolled my eyes, “Oh don’t think like that! Nothing like that happened. We were kissing and Harry came into the room. That’s it!” Perrie rolled her eyes.

            “Oh that can’t have been it,” Perrie said, “Harry wouldn’t need to talk to Louis if it were just that.” I must have blushed because Perrie’s smirk grew, “Oh you two were totally having a full blown make out session, that’s gotta be it.” I must have looked like a tomato at this point, because Perrie started cracking up.

            “Oh shut up,” I muttered. I looked at the time, “We should get going, it’s nearly seven.” Perrie nodded, still giggling, and we went to throw away our trash. I dropped my trash in the trash bin and turned around, only to crash into someone.

            “Watch where you’re going,” a gruff voice said. It sounded familiar…

            “Sorry, I-” I started, but I looked up at who I had crashed into. Oh. My. God. He smirked.

            “Miss me?” he asked. Perrie was right next to me and she was looking at the guy.

            “Who are you?” she asked. Where are the guards?

            “I’m not telling you that,” he said, “Let’s just say Ms. Styles and I have met before.” I tried to move around him, but he grabbed my arm and I couldn’t get away.

            “Perrie,” I said, as calmly as I could, trying to get my arm out of his grasp, “Did Zayn tell you about the gas station?” Perrie’s eyes widened and she looked around the food court for the guards. She spotted them and called them over. The man let go and disappeared in the crowd before the guards got to us.

            “Where’d he go?” one of them asked. I scanned the food court, but he was gone.

            “I don’t see him anywhere,” the other guard said, “We should get you two back to the hotel though, who knows where he could be.” We headed out of the mall as quick as we could.

~One Car Ride Later~

            We opened the door and we were immediately pulled into hugs by our boyfriends. Louis kissed my forehead and let out a sigh of relief.

            “That bastard didn’t hurt you did he?” he asked, still holding on tight.

            “You know about that already?” I asked. He nodded.

            “It’s all over twitter,” Liam spoke from behind Louis. Louis kept his arm around me as we walked to the loveseat and sat down. The other boys, besides Zayn, were sitting on the couch. Liam showed me his phone and I saw a picture of the guy grabbing my arm and Perrie calling to the guards. There was a caption underneath.

            Who is this guy who’s harassing two of the 1D girlfriends?

            “I’d like to know that myself,” Louis said, referring to the caption, “Maybe it would be easier to catch the bastard, or at least get a restraining order.” The other boys nodded. Perrie and Zayn walked over to us. Zayn sat in the armchair and Perrie sat on his lap.

            “Well, at least we know what he looks like now,” Zayn said.

            “I suppose,” Harry sighed, “It’ll be easier to look out for him now.”

            “I knew I had a bad feeling about you two going shopping,” Louis whispered into my ear.

            “Nothing else happened Louis,” I said, “We’re both fine.” I yawned and Louis smiled a little.

            “Tired?” he asked. I nodded, leaned on him. He chuckled and he picked me up and began carrying me to the bedroom.

            “How’d that talk with Harry go?” I murmured. He set me down on the bed and he lay down next to me. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

            “Pretty good actually,” he said, “I was terrified he’d be really pissed off like he was last time, but he was pretty calm.”

            “That’s good,” I said. I felt my eyelids getting heavy and my eyes closed.

            “Goodnight love,” he whispered into my ear just as I fell asleep.