Ripped apart

Me and Eddie were on our way to Moms and I called Lisa and told her to go ahead and meet us there. Eddie saw how I was getting nervous and put his hand on mine and gave me a reassuring smile. "How about we get something for breakfast for everyone?" Eddie looked at me for a answer. "We can but Mom prefers the homemade stuff. We can stop and get things if you want." He nodded and took me to a small grocery store. Before we got out he squeezed my hand in a comforting way and got out. I waited in the car to see if he would open my car door for me. I remember Dad telling me a gentlemen will always open a door for a lady. I smiled when I saw him open my door and offered me his hand to get out. I kissed his cheek and we went inside.

I grabbed a basket and we went to the cold section (If you are vegetarian or vegan get something that isn't meat) and we got some bacon, eggs and a small gallon of milk with orange juice. Once we grabbed that we went to the baking section and grabbed the stuff to make homemade muffins. We where about to go to the check out when we passed some cold drinks "Babe can I get a strawberry smoothie?" He looked at me and chuckled "I don't know Darling do you need a smoothie?"
"No sir."
"Do you want it?"
"Yes sir" I used my manners to see if that would help me get the smoothie. Eddie smiled and kissed my forehead "Go ahead and get it Darling." I smiled and grabbed it and put it in the basket. We went to the check out when I got a phone call from Lisa. "Hey Lisa"
"Y/N. Let me talk to Eddie it's important." She sounded worried and scared so I gave the phone to Eddie.
"Hello this is Eddie." I couldn't hear what she was saying but I can tell something was wrong.

While they where talking I started to put the stuff on the counter so the cashier could scan it. I pulled out my wallet when Eddie stopped me and pulled out his. He payed for everything and we went out to the car. He wasn't on the phone with Lisa anymore but he looked angry. He opened the passenger door and let me in and shut the door behind me. He put everything in the trunk and got in and started the car. "Is everything okay?" He didn't answer and we where going back home instead of Mom's. I stayed quiet and we got back home. He got out and opened the door for me and went and got half of the groceries in his hands and I grabbed the other half. We closed the trunk and I unlocked the door and we put everything on the table to put it away.

Once all the groceries were put away he sat on one of the table chairs and pulled me into his lap and held me. "Babe what's wrong? What did Lisa say?" He stayed silent and kept holding me like he was going to be ripped away from me. I don't know what was happening or what was wrong but I know something is wrong for Eddie to act this way. I looked at him and kissed him "I love you Eddie." He looked at me and kissed me back but still held me tightly. "Eddie please talk to me. Tell me what's wrong?" He sighed "I feel like you're going to be ripped away from me Darling that's all, but I won't let that happen you are mine."
"You won't lose me."

I held him and played with his hair when I heard the door open and close. Eddie's head shot up and held me tighter when we heard Lisa say it was her and Waylon. Me and Eddie went to the kitchen and Lisa looked frantic and Waylon was just as lost as me. "Where are the boys?"
"They are with Mom."
"Waylon me and Eddie would like to talk to you. Y/N can you give us a moment? I nodded and they went into the kitchen. I waited for a few moments when I heard a knock on the door. I went and answered the door when I heard all three of their footsteps behind me. I opened the door and........

My childrenz, yes this is another cliffhanger but it will be worth it.