THIRTY-EIGHT

•THIRTY-EIGHT•
Amara

"When did you find out?" I furrow my eyebrows at my mother.

Oh shit.

"Find out what?" I act dumb but my mum raises her eyebrows at me.

"Your skin is glowing, darling." She inspects my face throughly.

"I've changed my skin care routine." I shrug but she lightly hits me round the head. "Ow, mum. I'm a pregnant lady." I blurt out and a satisfied smile etches onto her face.

"I bloody knew it! You should have told me as soon as you found out, young lady!" She scolds and I sigh, looking over at Bo who watches us with a small smile on her face.

"We only found out twenty-four hours ago, mum."

"Mmm." She crosses her arms over her chest and lays back down on the sun lounger, putting her sunglasses back on.

I laugh lightly at the woman.

So dramatic.

Probably where I get it from.

Bo and I walk back into the hotel room to see Khye and Nathaniel arguing.

"I'm going to be the better uncle." Khye holds his hands up and Nathaniel chuckles.

"Keep dreaming my friend, keep dreaming." Nathaniel smirks, patting my brother's shoulders.

"Maybe neither of you will be liked by my child if you keep acting like arrogant idiots." I give the two a tight-lipped smile.

"Where's Matthew?" I question the two and I furrow my eyebrows when they both give each other the side eye. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing." They both answer at the same time.

"Come on, Amara. Let's go for a drive." Now I'm frowning at my best friend.

"Bo, you don't like to drive." I throw my arms up in the air and she gives me a sheepish smile.

"I don't know, there's something about Turkey that makes me want to to drive. Come on." She leaves me no room to reply and grabs my hand, leading me out of the hotel.

"But I need to tell, Matthew. He'll freak out if I leave without telling him." I panic.

Matthew will go mental. Especially now I'm pregnant.

"Amara, trust me. He won't even know."

"Bo, how do you even have a car here?!" I exclaim and she smiles.

"I rented one."

"Where are we even going?"

"Mara, I love you, but please stop with all the questions, all will be revealed in due time." Now I'm suspicious.

We walk over to the rental car, Bo opens the door for me and I squint my eyes, climbing into the passenger side. She then makes her way to the drivers side and begins to drive.

"Right side, Bo!" I shout when she starts driving on the left towards an oncoming car. "Oh my fucking God." I grab my chest, my heart racing.

"Ha, I was about to start cussing that person out." She jokes but I give her a straight face. "Sorry." She smiles.

We end up driving for thirty minutes until Bo decides to pull up into someone's massive driveway.

"Bo, this is someone's house! You can't just drive up someone's driveway, they might be in the mafia or something!" I exclaim at her but she just smiles, unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out the car.