Chapter six

Rebekah was in the passenger seat of the car; her brother was driving and was completely focused on the road. Their companions were in the back and compelled to do as Klaus said, at the current moment they were told to sit still and keep quiet.

Rebekah did turn on the radio earlier on in the journey but found the music more distracting as she ironed out most of the plan in her head.

Thankfully, she had remembered quite a few witches that she had been on good terms with, ‘Kol wasn’t the only one who has a way with witches.’ She thought, though she was quite downtrodden as she remembered that she didn’t keep in contact with them in her previous life, that was something else she had to rectify.

She was grateful that Tamara’s grandmother remembered what Rebekah did for her mother, and told her family that she could be trusted. Sierra Clarke, Tamara’s great grandmother, was beyond grateful and called her a guardian angel, despite knowing who the vampire was. The blonde liked the witch and her daughter, she helped them find a nice house and set up a trust fund for the family and future generations, something Nik did not know about.

Her brothers would have said that she had a bleeding heart but, Rebekah knew abuse, not that she told her brothers what Mikael did to her whenever they were alone together, and she wanted to help them in any way she could.

She didn’t tell them to forget the trauma but instead said “Never forget what he did to you, you remember that and then you remember what you have now. You see how far you have come and you tell yourself that you are a survivor and that abuse has made you stronger. You are not weak. You are still here when he isn’t, not many people could say that. Now, you take care of your daughter, live your life the way you want to live it and don’t let anyone force you to do anything you don’t want to do. And if you need help, I may not always be available but I have a few contacts that are here in Chicago, tell them that Rebekah sent you and they will help. But I ask of you one thing, if you see an older gentlemen that you sense is as old as me, do not tell him about me or my brother.”

Sierra quickly agreed to what she was asked before taking the piece of paper that the vampire was holding out, on it had names, telephone numbers and addresses on it, along with their supernatural status.

“You seem deep in thought, sister.” Klaus commented, snapping the vamp out of her musings.

Rebekah smiled. “I am just wondering what it would be like to have our family whole once again. I miss talking to Kol and I want to apologise to him, you know what for.”

Her brother nodded, “Yes, it would also seem that I would have to apologise to him. When we do what needs to be done, we shall have to hold a family meeting and let out our frustrations with each other. Perhaps, hold the meeting in the woods so our home won’t get beaten up.”

Both siblings laugh at the idea. “Maybe we should bring the swords, deal with our problems the Viking way.”

Klaus seemed to consider the idea but before he could say anything, Elena’s phone pinged signalling that she had gotten a message.

Rebekah had been in charge of manning the phones, just like she suspected. She picked up the phone and on the lock screen it said the it was Caroline who sent the message, she said as such out loud.

“Read the message and respond back as Elena.”

The blonde unlocked the phone and checked the message.

We found the thing you wanted. It was surprisingly easy to find it at the store, it was exactly well hidden as you thought. We got it and are on our way to drop it off at your place, your brother will let us in, right? -Caroline