Chapter five

Caroline waited in her room until her mom left for work. The blonde had work to do and her mother was not allowed to know, not like she would tell her anyway as it would get her into a lot of trouble in more ways than one.

The young vampire had to go find a witch out of town, thankfully not too far, that was faithful to the Mikaelson’s, though mostly to Rebekah as she had saved the woman’s grandmother or something from an abusive relationship. The witch knew that Rebekah was sending Caroline to her, so there would be no witch to vampire fight, which the blonde was immensely grateful for as she knew saw what Bonnie could do to vampires.

As soon as Liz Forbes left to go to work, the bubbly blonde grabbed her handbag and keys before leaving the house. When she got to her car, she had to put the satnav on as she had no clue about how to get to her destination because she had rarely gone out of town, the girl quickly sped out of Mystic Falls. Her job had to be done soon as Rebekah wanted her plans to start as soon as possible, whatever those plans were, Caroline would make damn sure that they got done fast and efficiently.

Barely three hours later, the vampire had made it to the cemetery that the witch told her to meet. ‘What is with the supernatural and cemeteries?!’ She thought as she walked around and listened with her magnified hearing.

“You got here fast.” A voice sounded from her left.

The immortal teen whipped her around to the side to see a light dark-skinned woman in a leather jacket and a short white summer dress that had little flowers on it. “You’re Tamara, right?”

“And you are Caroline Forbes, a vampire that is only a few months old but with great control of her bloodlust. Witches talk Caroline, you have better control than any new vamp, the witches are impressed. You are the one vampire that they, though they loath to admit it out loud, like and respect.”

Caroline was shocked, just as she had been when she was told Rebekah was Klaus’ sister, by the girl herself. “I don’t understand how…”   

Tamara smiled, “You may live in a small town but there are more ways than one that news gets around. The dead talk. The witches in Mystic Falls talk a lot as there is only one witch that is living in the town, one that is friends with vampires and the doppelgänger. They watch from the other side, it is their way of protecting the last of the Bennet witches, even if her mother is alive but they don’t count her as she was supposed to help the girl with magic as she grew. Bonnie, though powerful already, came to the craft long after she was originally supposed to. If she were taught from childhood, she wouldn’t be having some of the magical problems she has now or the ones she will have in time.”

She let the small-town girl digest what she had been told about her friend before talking some more. “So, you can guess that by watching her, they were watching everything that they believe would affect her, like a certain friend being murdered, by Katherine Pierce, in her hospital bed with Damon Salvatore’s blood in her system. They needed to know if you would be a threat. They saw you bite the nurse and compel her and apologising for biting her. They saw you kill a guy at the carnival but before that you apologised before you killed him, they watched you bite your boyfriend before being pinned down by the wolf form of Mason Lockwood. They watched as you killed two deputies in order to protect both Damon and Stefan but you still managed to contain your hunger for human blood.”

“I’m confused. If they saw me kill people then why would they not warn Bonnie to stay away from me? I would be a threat to Bonnie.”

“You are different than most Miss Forbes, it shows, and it makes you more dangerous. You have a good heart, you would do anything to protect your friends, any enemies of theirs would be yours too. But you have to realise, if your friends listen to your plans, you will succeed and that reputation would be known throughout the supernatural community and you would be more of a target because you would be the only one in their way of getting what they want. They see you as a protector of the Bennet, you would keep her from harm and would not lead her astray.”