Chapter Eighteen

Kol was having a mental crisis.

He had left Rebekah in her room after the talk and went straight to his own, completely forgetting what he was meant to be doing before he accidently overheard his sister.

You would think that he would be used to weirdness considering that he had been around for a 1000 years and he had seen a lot of magic been performed. His half brother was part werewolf, for crying out loud. How much weirder could his life get?

And then he awakens from being daggered to find out that his father was killed by Rebekah, not all that weird but it still seemed crazy that she had managed to sneak past their paranoid, controlling brother to do so.

He wished that was the worst of it.

But, no.

His sister was acting strangely and all he wanted to do was to figure out what was going on. He thought that it wasn't going to be bad or insane and that she was just going through something, which happened on occasion.

He did not expect the time travelling thing.

Rebekah Mikaelson; the baby of the family since the death of Henrik, the Valkyrie of the Mikaelson's, the one who was protected by her brothers as they had vowed to do so since the day she was born, was a time traveller. She died as a human when she was in her early 80's and her soul was sent back to 2010.

Kol didn't know what to think about that.

Was he happy that she got her wish to live a human life? Yes, though he had hoped that if that had ever happened then he would make sure that it was a happy one.

Was he happy that she had died alone and she had no family left? Of course not.

Was he worried about the consequences of his sister changing the timeline? Definitely.

"Bloody hell." He groaned. Was it so hard to ask nature for a simple eternity?

The troublesome Mikaelson rubbed his hands over his face as fell back onto his bed. 'Damn witches.' He thought as he went over everything else that Rebekah had told him. They needed to have an actual plan of action and put together a list of potential side effects that could happen when they change a vital part of the timeline.

"Oh bloody hell!" He sat up suddenly as one of the bigger things his sister mentioned came to the forefront of his mind. "I have a witch wife in the future."

Him being married was another massive surprise to him. He couldn't remember ever having a serious enough relationship with anyone that he would have considered the notion of marrying them. Apparently he found someone that could keep up with him and was to be a woman sent by Loki, according to future versions of the family. To say his curiosity was peaked would be an understatement, he couldn't imagine anyone wanting to put up with him for the rest of their lives let alone accept his murderous tendencies.

The woman would have to be one hell of a vixen if everyone considered her to be his equal.

Rebekah didn't elaborate much on his future partner, but told him enough so that he wouldn't make an ass of himself when the two were going to get to know each other. He was scared, not that he would ever admit it, because his sister said that he and his partner had similar experiences in life, despite the girl being so young.

Then again, he wasn't all that surprised that the person he was going to spend, what he would assume to be, the best part of his life with would have had a some terrible experiences. He would choose someone that would understand the darkness and what it was like to face it alone. They wouldn't judge or berate him because of the darkness in him, they would help him know peace.