Chapter one

Rebekah Mikaelson lost everything. Her brothers were dead due to her traitor of an older sister and Marcel left a few years after she took the cure. As a human, her life sucked. She regretted a lot of things; taking the cure, marrying Marcel and not being able to save her family. Sixty years had passed, and she was lying on her death bed with no one at her side.

She had a wish, a dying wish, to change the past. To go back in time to save her family and change the mistakes that led to this pitiful time she had to the present. She prayed to every God and Goddess she knew in mythology, from Greek to Egyptian, to help her, to listen to her as she breathed her final breath. Unbeknownst to her, her pleas had been heard.

Ever since the Vampire species was created, the world had a knew balance. Vampires, Witches and Werewolves, in one way or another, needed each other to survive. The Vampires died out when all five of the Originals died, leaving the witches and Werewolves as the only supernatural beings on earth. The two species fought one another to the point where both died out. The world was dying as Nature became so unbalanced.

The ancestors were desperate to fix things. When they heard the prayers from the last Mikaelson, they knew how to solve the problem, and she would be the one to save everything. They had to wait for her to take her final breath before doing what needed to be done.

They sent her soul back, before the events that destroyed everything as she needed time to adjust to what had just transpired.

Chicago

She woke up hungry and aching. It surprised her. She couldn't hear the heart monitor that she was connected to as she laid dying. All she could hear was cars racing down a street and a flowing sound with a heartbeat, it made her hungrier. For some reason she felt different, stronger...younger.

Rebekah then opened her eyes; she wasn't looking up at the white ceiling in the hospital that she had been staring at moments before, it was made of metal with lights hanging from chains. Curiously and slowly, she sat up to look at her surroundings.
Four coffins laid on the ground, each with the letter 'M' on the top, a few crates were stacked on top of one another against the walls and a man in a security uniform coming towards her...

Her eyes narrowed at the man as he came to a stop in front of her. "Your brother wants you to meet him at Gloria's bar." The guard said before tilting his neck to the side, offering himself as a meal. She didn't hesitate to tear into his throat with her teeth and feed from him until he had nothing more to offer.

It took her a minute to realise what had just happened. She looked down at herself to find that she was wearing the outfit she wore when she was daggered in the 1920's and un-daggered in Chicago 2010. It then hit her, "Oh my bloody god!" she gasped out, "I'm back in the past. How am I back in the past?"

Rebekah took several calming breaths and got focused on her current predicament. "If I am back in the past, then that means...I can save them... I can save my family. I mean, I know what's going to happen." She muttered to herself.

She took several minutes to think of a plan, she almost missed the sound of the door opening as she was deep in thought. Her breath hitched as she heard a set of footsteps get closer.

The blonde almost broke down at the sight of her half-brother, but she held herself together.

"Hello, little sister." Klaus greeted.

"Nik..." her voice wavered slightly, "What year is this?"

"It's 2010. You have been daggered for 90 years." He answered.

Niklaus expected her to get angry and stab him with the dagger, as she had done after he daggered her for the first time. He didn't expect her to tackle him into a tight hug. The last time she hugged him like that was when he got over the hunters' curse. The hybrid felt her shake uncontrollably and looked down at her face to find that she was crying.