Chapter 35 | Gumball

Erwin got us all up at 9 am to go on a hike. once we reached the top we stopped and looked at the view of the trees and lake. "Let's get a picture," Erwin said.

"I'll take it," Jean said.

"No you and eren will be in it," Erwin said.

"We will?" eren asked.

We all gathered together and took a picture next to the view. We all went back down to the campsite. And Erwin got started on breakfast he made eggs and bacon. "Should we go down to the lake later?" Erwin said as we all sat down to eat breakfast.

"That's a good idea," Jean said.

"I didn't bring shorts," eren said.

"You can wear mine, I brought two pairs," jean added.

"Great" eren said as he rolled his eyes. We all finished breakfast. Erwin and Levi left to go look more around the campground.

I noticed eren wasn't around and thought he went to go to his smoke spot "this early?" I said to myself.

"This early for what?" jean asked.

"For eren to be wandering around". I said.

"He's not, he's on the phone" jean said.

My mind wandered with who but it wasn't my business. Once Erwin and Levi came back we all headed down to the lake jean was the first one in. I followed along with jean.

Eren didn't enter the lake yet he was instead sitting on a rock watching the water and would occasionally look at me and jean.

"You wanna race" Loser has to get eren in the lake" jean said splashing the water on me.

"Then you should start getting him in now," I said as I started to swim away from jean. 

"I didn't even say start yet!" jean said as he started to swim. 

jean was catching up with me but I was still in the lead until I felt something grab my ankles pulling me back. Jean was now ahead of me. I tried my best to catch up with him but he still ended up winning.

"That didn't count you cheated," I said.

And so did you. He said "now go get eren in the lake".

"Fine but I can't promise I'll convince him"

"Just mention how I'm better than him, he'll be in here in no time"

Rolling my eyes, I start swimming to the rock eren was sitting on. He had a lighter in his hand as he would flick it on and off and put his hand over it.

"You coming in?" I ask.

He shook his head.

"So then why did you come down here, you could have stood back at camp"

"For you," he said.

Me? Why, me.

"Because your sad"

Sad? I'm not sad-

"y/n your uncle is dying and he took you on a camping trip to get your mind off it, your sad"

"Okay one he's not dying and two I'm not sad".

"Still not getting in the water," he said continuing to turn on the flame of the lighter.

"Is it because jean is a better swimmer than you?"

What? No, did he say that?

No, it's just obvious, since you don't wanna get in the water. it's because jean is better then-