pillow fight

BILLIE'S POV

it was late at night as i was tossing and turning in bed, struggling to go to sleep.

you know that feeling when right when you lay down to go to sleep you suddenly get a bunch of random thoughts about stuff and then stay up thinking about it? yeah. that's what was happening to me. finneas had asked me a question earlier, just for fun, but my brain wouldn't let me sleep because of it. stupid brain.

i turned and looked at y/n, who was laying beside me, snoring lightly, her back facing me. i tapped her shoulder lightly.

"y/n? you awake?"

she gave an incoherent groan in response, which i guessed meant something like 'go to sleep.'

i tapped her again and she sighed in defeat, flipping over to look at me.

"what's up, bil? cant sleep?" she asked, rubbing her eyes groggily.

"yeah, i keep thinking of this thing finneas was talking about earlier."

"what did he say?" y/n asked.

"you're gonna think it's stupid." i muttered.

"no, no, just go ahead." she insisted.

"well, okay.. is water wet?" y/n stared at me for a second.

"are you kidding me? that's what's keeping you up?" she laughed.

"so? what do you think? is it wet?" i asked again.

"of course it is, billie! it's water!" she exasperated.

"listen, if you pour water on a counter, the counter is wet, right?" i asked.

"yeah..."

"but if you pour water on water, the water doesn't get wet. it's just more water, so it's not wet." i continued.

y/n didn't say anything for a moment, then suddenly i felt a pillow hit me softly in the head.

"you're really confusing me, billie. i still can't believe you woke me up just for this." y/n laughed.

"i still can't believe you just started a pillow fight." i shot back playfully as i grabbed my pillow and hit her with it.

"hey! you did not just do that!" she complained.

"oh, but i did." i smirked, hitting her again.

"you're on, dork!" she shot back as she hit me with her pillow and as i was distracted, grabbed mine from my hands and hit me with it too.

"hey, no fair!" i whined. fine. i thought. if that's how she wants to play, then that's what she'll get.

she was bringing her pillow down on me when i stopped it in midair with my hands. while she was distracted i noticed that this left her stomach vulnerable. i let go off the pillow and started tickling her furiously.

"ah! billie! stop!" she gasped in between laughs.

"mwahahaha!" i laughed playfully. i relented the tickles a little to give her a chance to catch her breath but she took this weakness to exact revenge.

"ha? now who's the helpless one?" she cried triumphantly, tickling me back.

"ah! stop!" i exclaimed, rolling out of her grasp and plopping back on my pillow, trying to catch my breath in between laughs. y/n flopped down next to me, doing the same.

i lay my head on her chest once we both had calmed down and caught our breath.

"now i'm definetly not going to be going to sleep anytime soon." i said.

"me niether. i'm wide awake all thanks to your stupid question." she said sarcastically but i knew it was lighthearted by the way she ran her fingers gently through my hair as she said it.

"hey, blame finneas for it." i retorted and we both gave a small laugh.

y/n gave me a kiss on the cheek before saying,

"goodnight, angel." and i surprisingly fell asleep pretty quickly after that, y/n's fingers caressing my hair, occasionally wandering to my cheek. y/n says i hogged the blankets that night. i totally did but i'm never admitting that to her.

___________________________________

i wanna give billie a giant hug ☹️

I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT

I LOVE YOUUUU. MWAH.