makeover ❗️

Y/N POV

"isn't it a little.. i don't know, too much?" i instinctively winced as a pencil liner came close to my eye, and the makeup artist sighed.

"honey, you're going to be billie eilish's date on the red carpet for the first time. nothing can be too much."

"frankly, i think people will be disappointed if it isn't too much." my hairstylist grinned at me in the mirror.

they prepped me, pampered me, and dressed me until i felt and looked like a fairy princess. my eyes were outlined in heavy eyeshadow and liner, making my gaze piercing and entrancing. and the deep red shade of my dress made me feel and look incredible and powerful.

billie had gone full out for me, with the best stylists and designers and champagne to make me feel like a luxurious queen in my hotel room opposite hers.

standing in the mirror, i practiced some poses. flexed my legs, arched my back, pointed my hip. smile; with teeth, no teeth. then no smile; serious but sultry. flick my hair, look around, glance at billie who would be beside me, wrap an arm around her waist. smile, change pose, smile again. repeat, repeat, repeat.

despite the great look and how beautiful i felt, i still was a little nervous. and who wouldn't be? billie had become a trend setting icon over the last little while, singing and filming a documentary while looking glamorous as always. and i was seemingly a nobody compared to that.

but billie wanted me at this premiere, wanted to show me off and make it finally known that she was taken, and that thought made me smile.

a text popped up on my phone from billie, saying,

when you're done get over here :)

with my slippers on my feet and high heels in hand i padded across the hallway to her suit, knocking softly on the door.

i expected a massive party of stylists, make up people and her whole team to be there, but instead i saw billie sitting at her vanity alone, putting her hair up and out of her face. she was in one of those thick, white, luxurious bathrobes that seemed like she was wrapped in a cloud.

i was going to comment on how beautiful she looked when she saw me in the mirror and spun around in her chair, exclaiming in a loud, dramatic gasp.

"y/n!"

i blushed and smiled back at her, setting my heels on the ground. she clasped a hand over her mouth as she looked me up and down, amazed at how stunning i looked.

"why are you so surprised?" i giggled, doing a spin for her.

"you picked this out for me after all."

"well yes, because i have incredible taste." billie rose from her chair and came over to me.

"but to see you in this... oh my god." her hands rested on my waist, eyes glittering at me.

"you look incredible."

"so do you." i mumbled, letting myself be drawn in for a kiss.

"oh, hush, i do not. i don't even have primer on my face yet." she scoffed.

"no i like this." i protested.

"you look refreshed." she smiled, revealing pearly whites, and i gave her another kiss.

"i have half an hour before my team is going to come barging in through the door." she said softly.

"so we can be alone for a bit. how are you feeling?" i shrugged.

"pretty good, i guess. no amount of makeup or designer dresses could ease the nerves going on inside me right now, though."

"well, if you really are nervous you're very good at not showing it." billie commented as she lead me to sit down on the edge of her massive bed.