Emily/Patrick

Click---->

You walked up to the black casket, turning your head away so you wouldn't break down at the first glimpse you took. You closed your eyes and sniffled, unable to hold in the tears threatening to fall down your cheeks. The thoughts rushing through your mind haunted you, the last words you said, the last slam of the door, the last threat, all of it were regrets you would never forget. You cross your arms and turn your head forward, and you open your eyes.

Death never is fair. You've always known that. Death doesn't care who he takes, because it is completely his decision. He could take a baby, because he thought it was their time. He could take whoever the fuck he wanted because he was Death. No one could stop him.

And a week ago, no one could stop him from taking your best friend.

You stare down, and instantly let the tears fall free from your eyes. You cover your face and quiet yoursobs, like everyone else. But it was a struggle. You loved Helena like she was your sister. You helped her create the good times. You helps her through the bad times. You supported her. You tried to help her. But you couldn't stop her.

The last words you had ever said to her were:

If you won't let me be your friend, then fine. We're not friends.

You stormed out of her house and slammed the door behind you. You left her alone with her demons. You had realized what you had done and went back not even one hour later. But you weren't prepared to see her feet dangling barely above the ground in her doorway.

It was that day you had lost your sanity.

"I'm so sorry. I never should have left you alone." you whisper, placing your shaky hand on the edge of the coffin.

You look down at her beautifully curled black hair, her pure, cold white skin, her blue tinted lips. Her hands are clasped together on her stomach, a blanket draped over them up to her elbow. You scoffed and yanked the blanket off, revealing the cuts covering her inner arms. There was no reason they needed to hide that. They needed to show it.

So people would know how long her battle lasted.

You wipe a tear from your eye and take the red rose from behind your ear and place it in her hands, your hand lingering on the cold. It was all too real. You feel a hand touch your shoulder, and you turn your head slightly to see Patrick.

"They're going to take her now." he whispers, rubbing my shoulder sweetly.

You nod and whisper goodbye to your best friend, and they take her outside. You watch sadly as the hearse doors close and then let Patrick engulf you in his arms, the rain pouring down on everyone here. You sniffle and pull Helena's black cardigan tighter over your chest.

"What's the worst that I could say, things are better if I stay, so long and goodnight." you whisper. "So long and goodnight."

∆∆∆

Sorry it wasn't really about Patrick, I was listening to Helena and I got really inspired....and emotional.

EXCUSE ME WHILE I CRY INTO MY CUP OF MILK.

I hope you still like it.