Carousel

You glanced around at the empty amusement park.

What a great first date.

You thought sarcastically to yourself as you wandered through the abandoned park. Pete convinced you to let him drag you to an amusement park he'd loved when he was younger, but he didn't tell you it had shut down years ago.

With the lights off, the rides broken down, and the buildings creaking with the wind, the park lost its appeal. He'd ditched you as soon as you walked through the gates,leaving you to wonder why you had agreed to go out with the fucker in the first place.

You gasped, hand falling to cover your chest as your heart stuttered, having a little scare at the loud sound of a ride being powered up. The carousel just a few feet away lit up into life and slowly started making its way round and round.

"What the-"

"Hello, ma'lady." you heard Pete say.

He smiled down at you from the platform of the ride as it slowly passed by you. He walked the opposite way so the two of you could speak.

"Mind getting on before my legs give out?" he joked.

"Did you bring me here to kill me?"

"God no, this is no place for murder. I'd use an d cabin or meadow or something for that." he smirked.

"You're crazy."

"I think we all know that." he joked, dodging one of the carousel horses roataing his way.

"Just get on."

You chuckled and hopped onto the platform, your hand grasping at his jacket for balance as he slid an arm around your waist.

"You already bought a ticket, there's no turning back now." he said, a hint of a smirk on his lips.

You knew he didn't mean for the amusement park.