Kelsey/Joe

I was listening to The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls on repeat so this is kind of based off of it...

∆∆∆

You pulled up your hoodie and zipped it up over your chest, then shoved your hands in your pockets. As you walked up on a small concrete staircase by the elementary school, you sat on the top step. You waited there for Joe, who said he would be there around midnight.

It's one thirty in the morning.

Just as you were about to stand up and walk home in a fit of rage from him standing you up for his own plans, you heard a voice. To your left, Joe is jogging towards you.

"Sorry I'm late, my dad stayed up late so I couldn't sneak out." he said, out of breath as he sat next to you.

He reached into his pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one in the cup of his hands. You watched the flame die down to a smoldering ash on the end of the cigarette. He offered one to you and you took it, he lit it for you and you stared forward, it dangling from your lips.

"You think I should run away?" you ask, turning your head to him.

He looked shocked, but shrugged.

"I don't know, I wouldn't, I mean, free food and a bed. Ya know?" he says, breathing out the smoke.

You nodded, biting the inside of your cheek until you couldn't feel the nerves throbbing. Joe noticed this and placed a hand on your back, momentarily taking the cigarette from his mouth.

"If you're gonna though, I mean, I'll come with you."

You turn your head and look him feel in his dark brown eyes, in shock.

"Seriously?"

He nods and places the cigarette back in his mouth. You smile a little and, without warning, place your lips onto your best friend of six years' lips. You drop the burning death stick and grab his hand. You're shocked when he does the same, his hand flying to your waist and pulling you closer to his body. He pulls down your hoodie and caresses your tangled hair.

"I knew you had a thing for me." he says with a smug smirk when you pull back, catching your breath?

You smack his arm and lean over to rest your head on his chest, his hand on your back protectively.

∆∆∆

Don't smoke or run away, stay in school kids.