The songs in my head (Renjun)

A/N:
Short disclaimer: It's very likely you will have a song stuck in your head afterwards. Or more. Used songs are listed in order below!
Hope you enjoy reading! :D

-------------------

I stood in the kitchen and cut the fruits for our smoothies while listening to some music. It already was way past 10pm but my boyfriend had just come home from a schedule and I wanted to surprise him. I turned the music louder and didn't even realize somebody coming in while mumbling along to the lines: "Cooking like a chef, I'm a five-star Michelin..." Suddenly somebody pulled out my earphones and pecked me on the cheek. I squeaked. "Hi beautiful", he spoke and I turned around and scolded him jokingly: "Renjun! Don't surprise me like this! I'm holding a knife!" "Well, but nothing happened", he shrugged it off, "By the way, what are you cooking, Miss five-star Michelin?" I shook my head: "Nothing. Just a smoothie." "Sounds lovely", he grinned at me. An idea formed in my head. Time for payback. "Yes, yes", I spoke casually, "I'm preparing your next watermelon sugar high." "That was mean", he gave back. "I know", I said while sliding in the last ingredients into the blender and turned around to him again, "I'm a misfit." He raised an eyebrow: "Ah yes. I see." I chuckled: "Come on, that was smooth! Smooth like Butter!" Wow, I was on a run right now! I beamed at him proudly. "Are you going on like that? Giving me one bop after the other?", Renjun asked. "That would be pretty, pretty savage, wouldn't it?", I gave back. "Stop that", my boyfriend begged me. Not just yet, it was too much fun. "You mean, baby please, pretty please?", I asked innocently.

He stuffed one of the fruits into my mouth and I blinked confused. Giggling because of this sight, he said softly: "Shut up..." While he tucked some hair strands behind my ear, I swallowed the strawberry and answered right away: "Shut up, shut up, shut up or shut up and dance with me?" "Oh, come on!", he exclaimed. "No, that's a good idea", I went on, "Let's dance the night away!" "Baby, I...", he sighed and threw his hands into the air in a surrendering manner, "It's in the middle of the night. We shouldn't be dancing now, don't you think? Others want to sleep." "Oh come on", I teased him, "We don't need permission to dance. Let's dance all night to the best song ever." "Seriously, why do you do this to me?", he whined and I just shrugged my shoulders. It was too much fun. "If it bothers you that much, just shake it off", I grinned. "Good idea", he responded and turned to the door, attempting to leave.

Immediately I stepped in front of him and hugged him tightly. I knew I was annoying right now but I couldn't stop myself. Putting on a pout, I mumbled into his chest: "Hey, I won't let you go!" Renjun sighed and rolled his eyes. "Well, then you have to stop doing this", he insisted, "Will you?" I shrugged my shoulder: "Don't stop! Believin'!" Letting out an annoyed noise, he pulled back and ruffled his hair. I had to laugh and put my hands up to hold him back: "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I must be the good, must be the good girl but please, please don't, don't say goodbye! Get co-oo-ool and make wish." He sighed again. I heard it in his sigh and knew he was only being theatrical right now and had already forgiven me but of course, he had to keep his play up now, knowing very well that I had actually figured. "Why?", he asked. "Because I love that old time Rock-n-Roll", I answered and hugged him again, getting distracted by the warmth and comfort his embrace always gave me. He chuckled and then spoke up: "But your songs aren't even Rock-n-Roll." "So what?", I asked and locked eyes with him, mischief glinting in mine, "Still, I'm in lo-ho-ho-ve." He started to grin and pulled back from our hug way too soon. "Sorry, I'm an anti-romantic", said it and tried to leave again. I pouted, somewhere between proud of getting him into this play and sulking over him trying to go.

"We're not yet back all the way to our Summer of 69. Where are you heading to?", I asked. He turned around, grinning. Now he was all-in, I could see it in his eyes. "To far from home", he answered. "Oh. To a party in the U.S.A. then?", I gave back. He nodded: "But I can't speak E-English well." "Doesn't matter. I wanna hear your vooooice. I don't care you do or not. Speak English well, I mean", I clarified. "Well then I gotta find my way back. Back to summer paradise." And once more, he turned towards to the door. Not so fast, dear! I pouted and started to complain: "Renjun, you can't leave me alone with the songs in my head! I know you don't give two fucks, but I still want that. Your savage love. And it would be boring without me. I'm the only one of me, baby, that's the fun of me. And you know – There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me." He grinned and wrapped his arms around me again, smiling softly: "You're right. I will... Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down." I blinked. Did I... Did I just get somehow rickrolled...? He laughed and I smiled along confusedly. Still a bit pouty though, I recited the next song, knowing he wouldn't actually take it as an insult: "Fuck you. Fuck you very, very much." A smirk formed on his beautiful face: "Well, hello future..." Wait what? What did he just say? Before I could protest though, he leaned closer and kissed me. And I gotta say: That was way better then another watermelon sugar high.

---------------------------------

Songs:
God's Menu - Stray Kids
Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
Misfit - NCT U
Butter - BTS
Pretty Savage - Blackpink
Pretty please - Jackson Wang
Shut up - Simple Plan
Shut up and dance - Walk the moon
Let's dance the night away - Twice
Permission to dance - BTS
Best song ever - One Direction
Shake it off - Taylor Swift
I won't let you go - Got7
Don't stop believin - Journey
Gxxd Boy - Everglow
Please, Please - Everglow
Get cool - Stray Kids
Make a wish - NCT U
Old time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger
So what - BTS
Inception - Ateez
Anti-Romantic - TxT
Summer of 69 - Brian Adams
From home - NCT U
Party in the U.S.A - Miley Cyrus
English Girl - Oneus
Basquiat - Pentagon
DO or NOT - Pentagon
Summer Paradise - Simple Plan ft. Sean Paul
Savage Love - BTS, Jason Derulo
ME! - Taylor Swift, Brendon Urie
Nothing like us - Justin Bieber
Never gonna give you up - Rick Astley
Fuck you - Lily Allen
Hello Future - NCT Dream
No more dream - BTS