Surprise Valentine (Hui)

I opened my hair and watched it falling down my shoulders. Then I changed into my pyjamas and yawned. I didn't want to admit it, but I was a bit sad to be alone today, so I had decided to go to bed early. Suddenly the song I was listening to got interrupted by an incoming video call. Confused, I looked at the clock. It already was 9:30pm which was an unusual time to call me. In fact, there was only one person who would do that. I picked up. "Hi babe", Hui greeted me with a big grin. "Hey, how you're holding up?", I gave back. We skipped this year's Valentine's Day because he had a load of work to do and I had insisted on it to make sure he got enough rest. "It's going great", my boyfriend answered. I furrowed my brows. "Where are you?", I wanted to know puzzled. This was not the company, he was outside. "Tell you in a second. But first: I put something in your mailbox. Go check it", he smiled mysteriously. "Hui, we said no presents", I scolded him. "It's nothing", he promised me while I walked over to my front door. "Gotta put the phone aside for a second", I told him and did so. Inside the mailbox I found a card with a beautiful bouquet drawn on the front. I turned it around and found only one word: "Surprise!" I tilted my head in confusion. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a person on the street nearing and wanted to go back inside as he suddenly started humming a very familiar song. My head jolted up and I couldn't avoid smiling widely as I recognized Hui strolling towards me.

"Our song", he grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Remember?" "Just because we meet when you recorded 'Off-Road', it's our song now?", I grinned back. "I'd say so", he chuckled and kissed me. As he pulled back, I got aware that we were still standing outside and I quickly pulled him inside. "Don't take this too lightly", I scolded him, "It's night but you still could get into trouble with the press." "Idols should finally be allowed to date openly", he sighed. "Sure, obviously I agree but please be cautious", I replied pouting. "Anything for you, princess. Nice outfit by the way", Hui answered and blew another kiss on my cheek. I blushed and changed topic. "Now, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be working? Or getting some rest for that matter?", I went on. "You're making me most relaxed", he smirked and took off his jacket. "Hui, you should go to sleep", I remarked. "It's Valentine's Day and you won't be able to shake me off until we spent at least the last few hours together. I worked so hard to have time for that surprise today, you can't tell me I did all that for nothing", he stated. I sighed and helplessly threw my hands in the air. He chuckled. "Hey, don't worry, I'm good. Two hours or so and I'll head to sleep, okay?", he suggested. I squinted my eyes: "You'll need another hour to get back to your dorm." "That's why I'll sleep here. Has been quite a while since last time, hasn't it?", he grinned mischievously. I gave in. Actually, I loved this spontaneous and loving side of him and I was obviously flattered that he worked hard just to be able to be here tonight. Why should I keep him from doing so if, after all, he promised me to go to sleep in time? "Okay", I smiled. "Happy Valentine's", he chuckled and kissed me again.

I had seated Hui on my couch and left him to get some wine from my cellar for a second. As I came back, I almost stumbled backwards again. On my coffee table was a big, beautiful bouquet of flowers, two or three lit candles and a cake. "When – Where – How?", I asked baffled. He smiled mysteriously. "Left it next to your door beforehand", he shrugged. "You're the sweetest", I hummed and got some wine glasses as well as plates and forks. After we set the table, he suggested to watch a movie while eating as we usually did on our lazy date nights. I agreed, just happy to have him around. Suiting the date, we chose the movie "Valentine's Day" and got comfortable on the couch, my feet lying over his lap. After finishing the cake, I cuddled up to Hui more and he hugged me tightly while playing with my hair. It was so comfortably that I almost fell asleep during the movie. As it ended, Hui poked me. "You're awake, babe?", he asked. I nodded sleepily. "Cute", he chuckled, "Let's get you to bed then." "Okay", I mumbled and sat up. With half-open eyes I brushed my teeth and brought him some of his clothes that he had left at my apartment last time. And a few minutes later we cuddled under my blankets. I locked eyes with him. "Thank you", I smiled, "It was the best Valentine's Day ever. Though it always will be a great one as long as I spend it with you." "Was that a love confession?", he teased me. I grinned. "Yes, it was. I love you, Hui." "I love you too, princess."