Wishing on a star (Haechan)

I had been pretty nervous at first as my boyfriend had invited me to the company's Christmas party, but I knew from the start that I didn't have a chance. First of all, Haechan wouldn't leave me alone if I would chicken out. Second, the invitation was rhethorical. After all, it was my first invitation as his girlfriend. That meant I was fully accepted to the company which was good. But it also meant that I had to go there which made me anxious, too. I was the worst ever in smalltalk. It was no problem as long as Haechan was with me; we balanced each other out in this. But he was fully occupied by different important people. Luckily, his members took excellent care of me. I was constantly surrounded by one of them who made me feel at ease in an instant. I knew them for some time now and I already was part of that big family I somehow stumbled into when I met Haechan.

"Who is this again?", I whispered to Taeyong right now. After Johnny had to leave me, the other one had "taken over the shift", as he put it. They really made the effort to keep each other free to take care of me. Right now, Jungwoo was keeping the others from Taeyong and Taeil was in an "important talk" with Jaehyun so that either one of them could come over whenever Jungwoo couldn't keep everyone away. "That's one of the managers, Mr. Park", he whispered back, "Be calm, he is fine." "Okay, thanks", I whispered back. "Hello there, isn't this Haechan's lady?", Mr. Park asked, "You look gorgeous, Haechan has a good taste. Congratulations on getting him." I smiled flustered: "Well, thank you." "Mr. Park my name if you don't know by now", he said and held out a hand. I took it and introduced myself as well. "Nice to meet you", he said as suddenly someone hugged me from behind. "Hi baby, I'm back", Haechan whispered into my ear as I flinched. "Stop scaring me", I pouted. "Yeah, you shouldn't do that", Mr. Park agreed at the same time as Taeyong gave him a side eye and mumbled: "I didn't raise you like that." I chuckled. "I forgive you", I said and turned to my boyfriend, hugging him. Without looking I knew that he was grinning proudly at the others. "I'll let you two alone then", Mr. Park said and Taeyong nodded, following behind.

"Sorry for being away all the time", Haechan said with a pout. "It's all good, you already told me that it would be like that. It's obligatory", I shrugged and took his hand. "Still", he sulked and pecked my cheek. "But now I'm all done and before they all have time to keep you from me -", he said and started to drag me along, "-Let's go outside for a bit." "Sounds good", I said, "The heat was slowly getting to me." "Oh, I'm sorry that won't get any better", he smirked. "True", I answered, "Sometimes it's a curse to be as hot as I am." Haechan rolled his eyes and chuckled. "That's why you're my girlfriend", he said and blew a kiss on my hand.

As we stepped outside I took a deep breath. "Excellent", I said. "I know I am", Haechan grinned. "You're an excellent dumbass", I smiled. The Christmas party was located at the outskirts of town and from here we had a good view over the city as well as a wonderful night sky with a lot of stars to be seen. "It's so pretty", I said asthonised and then looked at my boyfriend. Upon his look I added: "The night sky and you, of course, baby." He smiled satisfied. "You know", he said and put his arm around my shoulders, "I stood here often, wondering if I ever could share this sight with someone else than the members. And here you are." I blushed. "Thanks", I mumbled, "I feel very honoured." "Me too", he smiled and pecked his cheek. I leaned on the wall in front of me and enjoyed the sight. I only realized that Haechan had taken off his jacket as he put it around my shoulders.

"You know", I began, "You are exhausting at times. But that all doesn't matter because most of the times you are like this: Sweet. Caring. Loving. The best boyfriend I could imagine. And..." I turned to him, his eyes sparkling as much as the city lights in front of me or the stars above. I smiled endeared. "Hmm?", he asked. "And... I love you, Haechan", I confessed shyly. His eyes widened for a second before he started cheering: "Yes! Yes! You said it, this is the best night ever!" I laughed and cupped his face, locking eyes again. He calmed down and a affectionate smile spread on his face. "I love you, too, of course", he then answered. I grinned. "I didn't want to say it earlier, but all the times I stood here alone, I also wished on a star that one day, a lovely young lady like you would tell me she loves me, right here." "Wishing on a star seems to work", I winked at him. "Seems like it", he chuckled and caressed my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch. Before I opened them again, I felt his lips brushing over mine, shyly. I smiled softly. "Kiss me already", I whispered. And he did.