𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐞

Chapter 14
≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

He went silent for a moment before smiling and trying to reassure the other he meant it in a "friendly" way.

"Not that I find you attractive it's just a friend can say when another friend is attractive can they not ?" Jungkook said quickly, almost stuttering over his words with how fast he spoke.

Tae nodded and gave a smile of reassurance before replying "no I get it you're ok."

The younger of the two sighed in relief, thinking he had almost slipped up but was smooth.

He wasn't smooth in the slightest about it, but no one was gonna tell him otherwise so that's what he'd believe.

They both walked over a spot at a bench and sat for a bit, talking randomly about things.

Neither of them dared to bring up anything related to love nor soulmates as to not upset taehyung, not when he'd just felt better.

But it felt nice again, it felt like it had just a week prior. Before tae had lost hope in everything.

And something.. something snapped in Taes mind. He had a realization. One that he couldn't nor would tell anyone yet, no one aside jimin.

He mentally noted to himself that he needed to go to his house and see jimin to talk about something then continued his conversation with Jungkook.

After not too long the two started getting back into the car, driving to the mall so tae could get his hair dyed.

This time the ride wasn't comfortably silent, it was filled with joyous talk.

It was nothing serious, just random things like talking about a show they'd watched and thought was odd, or a dog they passed by while driving.

Simple things, but sometimes simplicity is all that's needed when talking with someone that you could hear talk for hours.

Once they'd arrived they headed up to the salon, both seeming pretty excited to do so. Tae even walked with a little skip in his step.

It amazes Jungkook how the others mood had changed so drastically since the past few days. He went from sobbing and feeling nothing all in the youngest arms, to skipping to a hair salon to dye his hair.

While inside, taehyung spent about 20 minutes picking a color, yet didn't even tell Jungkook which. He just said it would be a "surprise", which kook went along with.

It took the stylist about an hour to dye and dry his hair before he finally came out from the salon with hair.

And all that Jungkook could think was 'oh my god holy shit he's hot.' But luckily he didn't say that out loud, there's definitely no friendly cover up for that.

"So ? Do you like it ?" Tae asked while gesturing toward his hair.

His hair was a bright, yet deep red. It looked fresh, and it was. It was a rather drastic change from his previously just casual brown hair.

"I think it's your best look yet." Jungkook replied, not sure how to word his thoughts aside this.

"Thanks." Tae, rather satisfied with that answer grabbed onto the others hand and started heading towards the food court.

Once they'd arrived they both just looked, stared for a bit.

So many options, what were they to choose ? What would be a non regrettable choice for them ?

Neither of them particularly knew, but both were famished to they decided on the food with the shortest line.

Which just so happened to be Chinese, something they both liked so it was ok.

Yet again they were engulfed in silence, a sweet sound. Well.. not really. I mean, the food court was crowded with people all making noise amongst themselves.

Except neither of the two noticed or even realized that fact, they were too stuck in their own little world.

So they sat in comfortable nothing, aside from the random words they'd share of course.

Within no time they'd finished their food and started heading back home in the car, though they hadn't spent much time outside the house they were still ready to go back into their own personal place.

"Hey kook ? Can you take me back to my house actually ?" He felt sort of bad asking since he was only now leaving once he wasn't so sad.

It made him think it'd look like he was using him for comfort or something.

"Yea sure, are you sure you'll be ok though ?" Jungkook didn't really think of it like that, if anything he actually would prefer to be the one comforting tae.

But he knows jimin and taes friendship is different, closer. They're probably just as much of soulmates as Yoongi and jimin are, only in a non romantic way.

"Yep, I'll be fine. Besides I'll have jimin there with me if anything goes wrong." Was all he replied with before getting out at his house and waving goodbye.

"Bye kook !! I'm guessing you have school tomorrow so have fun with that !!" And with that, he was off.

Jungkook waved him away and sat for a moment before going home, ultimately deciding that yea he should be going back to school tomorrow and get ready for that.

He'd previously called off school for the other, but since tae would be at home he'd have no reason not to go aside not liking it.

"Tae !" Jimin exclaimed as he got up from where he was previously sitting with Yoongi and hugged tae.

"Jimin !" They hugged a good moment before letting go, which is when jimin finally took in taes new appearance.

"Your hair ! Oh my gosh it fits so well with you I love it, it gives a sexy look." Jimin said with a wink before laughing slightly and sitting back down, gesturing tae follow his lead.

"Thanks, I went with Jungkook today and got it done." He smiled then looked over at Yoongi who had seemingly checked out of the conversation.

"Hey Yoongi." He said just to not seem like he was ignoring him.

"Hey, you look nice and rather joyful, that's good." He replied, to which Tae nodded.

"Hey jiminie ? I have something important to discuss with you, some rather big yet frightening news." Tae said, nervousness spreading throughout his expression.

"Ok. Oh- ok ! Hey Yoonie ? Why don't you go take a trip to the living room, I'm sure you'd have more fun in there." Jimin said with a smile and pleading voice which he couldn't deny.

"Yea yea ok, it's ok I get it." He nodded and kissed jimins forehead gently before walking out with a wave. "Let me know when you're done."

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺