𝐄𝐧𝐝

Chapter 26
≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

The two boys were now sat together under the warmth of a blanket, their fingers interlaced with each others.

They'd borrowed a blanket from one of the rooms in the house, not like anyone needed it for the moment and they intended on returning it.

They were unsure where to go from here, so instead they just stayed on the rooftop, letting the brisk air blow past their cheeks, making the two scoot closer, chasing the warmth.

"don't you think we should go home soon ?" the younger asked, hesitant to interrupt the quiet.

A sigh escaped taehyungs mouth as he thought of what a hassle It'd be to explain the sudden change of relationship with Jungkook, honestly speaking he's not ready for that tonight.

"Can we go to your home ?" He asked, earning a nod from the other.

Slowly, Taehyung got up and held a hand out for Jungkook to get up, keeping hold of the youngers hand as they walked through the still crowded loud house to return the blanket they'd borrowed.

Yet again the smell of alcohol burned heir noses, hot stuffy air surrounding them. More people had come since they had last been in the house, the crowding making it hard for the two to escape the house.

The contrast between now and how it had been on the rooftop made the two anxious, all the more ready to leave as they pushed through the touchy crowds until they'd reached the door.

The walk to jungkooks house was quiet, the faint sound of the leaves blowing and their own breath being the only noise aside the occasional humming of passing cars in the distance.

Their hands swayed together while they walked, only letting go of each other when Jungkook unlocked the door before quickly reattaching like magnets.

The house was dark, not a single sign of another person awake. Their breath seeming all too loud, their footsteps kin to crashing pots and pans.

Jungkook led the other to his room, taehyung following with ease despite the darkness that hid the way.

"Jungkook ?" A voice yawned out, startling the two. They looked back with squinted eyes at the figure stood in a near doorway.

"Yoongi,, sorry if we woke you up." He replied quietly.

"It's fine, I was just up. Is that taehyung behind you ?" Taehyungs hand tightened his grip on the others hand, a light smile as he answered.

"Yea haha.. hey don't tell jimin about this yet alright ? He'll freak."

"Hm, ok. Night then." He turned and shut the door behind him, leaving the two alone again.
____________
🫶🏻
Hi so I'm aware not many people read this story anyhow, and even then not many people will see this being I just stopped updating (which sorry about haha) but I just wanted to say it's over now ! I had written the beginning of this chapter like a year ago and never finished it, and tbh I don't wish to finish it.

I don't quite anymore like the plot much, and thus don't wish to continue it despite it practically being at the end anyhow.

I will just say though it was supposed to end with them happy together, everything ok, and they were soulmates (pretty obvious Ik) ! So me not writing the end doesn't make you miss out on anything dw. :)

Also fun fact, in the original story things ended v different ! It wasn't going to have a happy ending, but rather there was going to be a death and they'd never realize the feeling was mutual until it was too late. Idk it was supposed to show you can't rely on tomorrow to try or smth ? Not v good otherwise I wouldn't have rewritten the whole thing.

Anyways yea, despite not having written the actually end I actually kind of feel bittersweet about this being finished :)

I have many other stories, I have a yoonmin story but,,, I'm unsure I'd recommend it as it was my first. If you're interested in woosan I have a short story for them in my short stories book (basically just stories that could be made into an entire thing but I haven't).

I'm also working on an oc book named "once(,) we were" ! I recommend reading the intro thing to it and maybe saving it if it appeals to you :) I'm most focused on that so yea.

But anyways, enough promoting my other things, let me know if you have any thoughts left about this story :) ty for being a part of this if you had read this story at all or are reading this

Also ! I'm not really a taekook shipper anymore (but I still respect those that are) but if anyone happens to read my current stuff and likes it and would like me to write more taekook just lmk !

Also, random extra treat, a 3 am sketch of tk/ym bc I'm reminiscing abt this book rn