036; i like that you can't talk back

third person.

"diana called me," max said as he walked over to mollie, the girl slouched on the couch whilst he sat down beside her, his daughter in his arms as she shrugged, "she said you missed the session that you were supposed to attend a few hours ago."

"cool," mollie mumbled in response, hearing him sigh as she continued to scroll through her phone.

knowing that mollie didn't have the energy to have a conversation today the boy frowned, and instead sat beside her in silence whilst attempting to rock his baby to sleep, in hopes that she'd find the energy to engage in some small talk that would hopefully brighten her mood.

since corbyn was admitted to the hospital a couple days ago, mollie had been staying with him and astrid whilst she waited for updates on the boy and when he'd be able to go home so she could stay at the besson household.

"how much did you sleep last night?" max asked.

"a couple hours," she shrugged.

"is there any updates on-"

"i wish you'd shut up," she interrupted him, a slight annoyed tone in her voice as she looked at him, "i don't want to be spoken to."

"alright," he said, standing up before turning back to her and placing iris right beside the girl, "watch her for a few minutes."

"no i'm not watching- max." mollie put her phone down, glaring at the boy walking towards the stairs before she looked down at the baby, "it's staring at me weirdly."

"just make sure she's okay i'll be quick."

"oh my god," she mumbled, leaning back in her seat before turning her head back to iris, folding her arms whilst she kept an eye on the baby beside her.

and whilst she stared at her, her frown slowly faded before she glanced towards the stairs to double check if max was near, soon looking back at iris and grabbing ahold of her, placing her onto mollie's lap.

"hm," mollie titled her head, holding the girl up so her small feet were resting on mollie's legs, "okay, you're kind of cute... i like that you can't talk back to me."

"mollie," max huffed as he came down the stairs, walking towards the kitchen.

"she just stares," she shrugged, bringing the baby closer to her and resting iris on her chest to let her sleep, "and she can't argue, it makes me happy."

"great, can i take iris back now?" he asked, walking over to them with a bottle of water in his hand as mollie shook her head with her hand on the baby's back, "i don't trust you with my daughter."

"why not?"

"because you don't like kids." max argued.

"i can tolerate this one." mollie told him, grabbing her phone as max sat down beside them with a confused expression on his face.

"when are you going to see corbyn at the hospital?"

"tomorrow."

"all day?"

"if he wants me to be there all day then yes."

"good," he nodded, "have you eaten today?"

"shut up." she replied.

"that's a no," he mumbled, "what do you want for dinner then?"

"nothing," mollie said, "i'm fine with nothing."

"the nurse said you need to eat to calm your nerves," max looked at her, "that's why you were so shaky even after you calmed down, you haven't eaten."

"or i'm just worried about corbyn." she rolled her eyes, "i don't-"

"please just eat," max interrupted her, his voice breaking a little as mollie looked over at him, his head in his hands whilst he sighed, "i can leave the room so it's not pressuring or i can eat with you if it would make you more comfortable i don't-"

"stop worrying."

"you went to florida to get help for this," max said, "you were great the first few weeks you came back, why has it all suddenly gone downhill again?"

"i don't.. i don't know." mollie slowly shrugged.

"does corbyn make you feel like shit?" he suggested, "is he manipulating you because i swear to god if he is i will-"

"he hasn't done anything wrong." mollie quickly shook her head, "florida just wasn't as helpful as everyone thought it was."

"why?"

"i don't want to talk about it."

"i do." he frowned, "i want to know why you're always upset."

"you're just going to judge me or be more upset," she sighed and handed iris back over to him, "why are you looking at me like that?"

"because you're not yourself." max told her, watching mollie shake her head and sigh before she walked off towards the stairs.

a/n

so i want to make a playlist for collie WHICH MEANS any song you have that reminds you of them or is basically about them please suggest it here so i can make a playlist to share with everyone thank u :)

also mollie and the baby 😩🤗🥺🤥🥳