045; he's protecting you

third person.

the group of five guys were sat in their studio in la, all with an instrument in their hands beside corbyn. a notebook was placed in front of each of them as they were busy perfecting their songs that they'd be set to perform in the next week on live tv.

"and he's gone again." jack said, nodding his head over to corbyn who had been staring at the wall for almost five minutes, "is he gonna be able to cope with performing? him in the airport was bad enough."

"hopefully," daniel replied as he grabbed his phone, "as long as we keep mollie backstage then he knows he has someone to run to."

"how can he not hear us?" zach asked while shrugging slightly, "he amazes me."

"he has made a lot of progress though since he left the hospital," daniel said, "and that's always-"

"did anyone else know harper was in virginia?" jonah interrupted daniel, a confused look on his face as he stared at his phone, "she said on her twitter she's now leaving virginia."

"she was in virginia?" jack looked towards jonah as he nodded.

"yeah she was celebrating someone's birthday," he mumbled.

"who was?" corbyn asked, folding his arms as he looked at jonah, his attention now back in the room.

"harper." daniel said.

"oh," he nodded, "what day?"

"hold on i'm investigating." jonah said, scrolling through the replies as everyone sat there in silence, "she arrived on the thursday for the birthday that day."

"sooo...the twenty-seventh?" jack said, "right?"

"yep, the twenty-seven.." jonah's sentence came to a slow stop, furrowing his eyebrows before each of them looked towards zach, noticing his stare on his guitar, "what group of friends were you with on your birthday?"

"well i knew that we had la together so i-"

"that wasn't the question he asked," daniel mumbled as zach frowned, "are you still friends with harper?"

"well.. it's a little more uh.. a little more complicated than that," zach replied as he scratched the back of his neck, watching corbyn's confused expression turn into an angry glare.

"what about char?" corbyn asked.

"we don't talk."

"why?"

"we fell out-"

"yeah, over what?" he asked zach, watching him go silent before shaking his head, "are you really letting go of char that quickly?"

"that's a little hypocritical coming from you corbyn." zach argued, looking back over at him, "you dated harper 3 months after mollie-"

"as a distraction." he interrupted him, "i wasn't in love with her, why are you now trying something with her?"

"i never said i was."

"okay, let's chill." jack said, "corbyn, let zach explain before you assume anything. zach, what are you doing with harper?"

"i'm not saying, corbyn will beat me up." zach mumbled as the other three glanced towards corbyn.

"i'm in a cast i can't do shit." he rolled his eyes.

"she started talking to me a little after her and corbyn ended things," zach began to explain, "and uh, she's good at comforting people so we just kept talking and then she flew out for my birthday."

"so what are you?" daniel asked.

"just friends." zach said, "i don't want to date my best friends ex, she's the one hinting at it all the time and stuff."

"so you don't want charlie back?" jonah frowned.

"i.. i don't know." zach sighed, "our last argument was pretty bad."

"harper was the reason you two drifted." daniel mentioned as zach gave him a nod, "and now she's the reason for everything else - do you not see it?"

"charlie's the only girl you feel yourself around." corbyn spoke up with a frown on his face, "and i don't want your feelings being messed up by harper."

"i know what i'm doing." zach looked at corbyn.

"no you don't," he shook his head, "you're confused and harper is taking advantage of that, don't let her do that."

"why are you trying to give me advice on stuff you don't know anything about?" zach scoffed, "she flew out for my birthday and she's comforting me through a break up, she's not taking advantage."

"you know what, fine." corbyn said, throwing his notebook on the table and grabbing his phone, "you continue talking to harper and see where that leads you, don't come to me if she fucks you up."

"she didn't-"

"you're picking her over someone who knows you better than you know yourself," corbyn interrupted him as daniel sighed, "i almost did that and i don't want to let you do it too, but whatever."

"corbyn," jonah mumbled, watching him roll his eyes before storming out of the room.

"z, i'd take his advice." daniel said, "he means it."

"he's never meant anything he's said to me." zach argued, "he forgot who i was."

"he means that." daniel repeated, "he's protecting you."

"please just listen to corbyn," jack nodded, "i promise he said that for your own good."

"harper hasn't even done anything wrong." zach said, "she said the subtweeting stopped after she know who his ex was."

"hey, zach." jonah said, leaning closer to him, "she takes advantage of that video still going around because she knows it makes mollie look like the bad guy."

"it's just a video i-"

"it's a video that she knows makes mollie feel worse about herself." jonah said, "don't trust her, it won't work out for you."

"she's all for the attention and drama," daniel said, "do you want to get yourself into that mess?"

"you really think corbyn meant that?" zach asked, watching them all immediately nod.

"every word." jack replied, "trust him."

"alright," he slowly nodded.

a/n

next chapter ;) it will all come together hehe