079; good thing i spoil you

third person.

the wedding had fallen on a perfect day for the weather, and so far everything had gone exactly how astrid wanted it to. she had spoken to mollie while she was getting ready, and mollie seemed fine with looking after her niece despite the amount of glares she had given the baby during the hours there.

and after a few hours had passed and the ceremony had already taken place, the large group of people were at the reception venue and friends from max's childhood had come to celebrate an important day for the boy.

corbyn and mollie had decided to sit away from their families and found an empty table the other side of the dance floor to them, sitting beside each other and facing one another in their chairs with a variety of empty glasses beside them.

the girl had mascara smudged underneath her eyes from the tears she had already had run down her face, and a tissue was held in her hand in case it were to happen again during the night.

yet while she was sat by her boyfriend and in the middle of a conversation with him, from the other side of the room where the rest of their families were sat, max was watching the couple with a frown on his face and glancing to jack and nicole every so often, sighing while he did so.

and with a sad expression on his face and his arms rested on the table, astrid came to sit down beside him with two glasses, watching a small smile appear on his face once he noticed she was there.

"how long have you been staring at her?" astrid asked, receiving a shrug as the boy glanced between the two couples once more.

"somethings happened." max mentioned, "they haven't spoken all night."

"is that why you're upset?" she tilted her head as he turned to face her, his hand being held by the girl while he shrugged, "i don't want your night being ruined by a fall out max."

"my night isn't ruined." he shook his head, "i'm still in a good mood, i'm just.. i don't know, she's moving and all i-"

"the la situation?"

"yeah.."

"okay," astrid slowly nodded, "i don't want to be the bad guy in this, but maybe it's a good thing."

"a good thing?" he raised his eyebrows as she gave him a small smile while nodding, "but i still see her as a little twelve year old."

"you know you're the first person she'll call if she has an issue," astrid told him, "she knows you're still there and her moving isn't going to change anything except being a flight away rather than just a block."

"and if you're not available to call her," she continued, nodding her head over to the dance floor where corbyn had convinced mollie to slow dance with him, "he's there."

max slowly shook his head as he sighed while astrid raised her eyebrows at him and rolled her eyes before she let out a small laugh, "don't give him that judgemental look."

"i'm just watching them it's not judgmental." he argued and smiled slightly.

"you want to say he doesn't deserve her," astrid said as he went quiet and shrugged, "max, you're too protective."

"she's special." max argued as astrid stood back up, "i don't want to leave her in the hands of the wrong person."

"are you suggesting corbyn is the wrong person?" she folded her arms as max shook his head, "the boy now dancing with your nana? yeah?"

"astrid." he frowned, "you're doing this on purpose, i don't know how i feel about it."

"you know how you feel," she nodded, "you're just scared to let her go."