063; we're against each other

third person.

after a long and awkward plane ride to new york city with corbyn and mollie sat beside each other not speaking, the group had arrived and decided to celebrate jack's birthday with a meal in the restaurant attached to their hotel.

jack had already done more than enough complaining about how they decided to get the plane tickets for a flight on his birthday, and after being lectured by nicole about why that wasn't an issue because he was with his friends, he eventually sucked it up and arranged the meal instead.

cara had met the group at the hotel, joining them at the table and handing jack his birthday present before all of them were sat by the table except mollie, with an empty seat beside corbyn.

"did mollie not come?" cara frowned.

"she uh, no she just doesn't want to leave the hotel room." nicole explained with a sigh, "i think she's just associating the city with dylan right now so.."

"has she eaten?" jonah asked.

"no but she probably won't want to." nicole shrugged, "just leave her for now and i'll go check on her after dinner."

as they all collectively nodded, corbyn rolled his eyes and sighed before grabbing his phone and keycard to their shared room before getting up from the table and walking towards the elevators.

"so obsessed with each other." nicole shook her head.

"they aren't even on good terms yet." olivia looked to nicole as she shrugged.

"hopefully they'll talk it out now." cara said, "i hope anyway."

"can't believe there are arguments on my birthday." jack rolled his eyes as he folded his arms, "unacceptable."

"shut up, decide what you want to eat." nicole slapped his arm gently as he quickly nodded, before the girl looked back over to the elevator where corbyn was now getting into one.

and as he did so, pressing the buttons and heading up to the floor they were all on during their stay, the boy walked to the hotel room he'd be sharing with mollie.

he sighed as he unlocked the room and walked into it, the lights somewhat dim and the room quiet as he looked over to the bed where mollie was laying facing the wall away from him, scrolling through her phone.

and as he sat himself down on his side of the bed, he stayed silent while glancing down at the rings on his fingers and fiddling with them, trying to find the right words to say to get in good terms with the girl.

"if i didn't love you i'd slap you right now for taking so long to say something." mollie mumbled as the boy looked over to her.

"i don't know how to say i'm sorry." corbyn shrugged, "i didn't mean what i said, and i am sorry for what i said."

"all we do is argue and be upset with each other." mollie mumbled as she sat herself up, staring at the bed sheets while corbyn slowly furrowed his eyebrows.

"..no we don't?" he replied, "mollie i was in the wrong and i shouldn't have believed him, it was only because i don't know who he is."

"you don't trust me." mollie looked at him as he shook his head.

"i do trust you." corbyn told her.

"but you wouldn't have believed him if you did." she said, watching corbyn go quiet as he stared at her blankly, "this won't work if you can't trust me."

"do you trust me?"

"of course i trust you." she nodded, "if you can't trust me or talk to me the moment the issue is created, us won't work."