4

(words: 4K)

I ran into the room, falling onto my bed, face first. I grabbed the largest pillow that I saw, putting it under me. Instead of hitting Zeus anymore, I took my anger out on the pillow. I practically strangled the pillow in my hands, punching it wildly and letting my emotions out. After I beat the stuffing from my pillow, I clamped it over my head and screamed into the fabric.

After forgetting how to breathe, I threw the pillow down and laid atop of it. I stared at the magnificence of this room before me, and compared it to my much smaller and sparsely decorated one. I thought about my mother and what I would do next.

As soon as my mother's face came into my mine, the tears fell like water being poured from a bucket. I let my tears fall as I screamed out, I just wanted her back in my life. All I ever knew was her and she was gone, and I didn't know how to process being away from her.

After a few minutes, my tears subsided into little sniffles, my body softly shaking as I tried to gather myself. Even though I knew Zeus was somewhere in the house, I softly belted out a few bars of the same song my mother sang on the floor as she died.

My voice wasn't as pretty as hers and I wasn't in a good mindset for singing, but in her name I finished the song, not knowing what else to do. My almost monotonous and gruff singing as I stared at the wall, calmed me down enough to think. 

The only thing I could register was anger. White, hot anger.

For Hera.

I didn't know if I could truly kill a Goddess, or what it would even do to the system if she did die. All I knew was, what she did wouldn't go without punishment, it wouldn't be forgiven.

Since Zeus wouldn't help me, I thought of one person --  God that probably would.

I went to the bathroom and cleaned my face of the messy makeup and reapplied it. With anger and confidence in my heart, I swung the door open, walking out. 

I stormed past a shaken Zeus in the living room, his head in his hands. When he heard me enter the room, he pretended that he was okay. Clearing his throat and sitting up, he pretended to be fixing something on the couch.

Without a word, I walked to the front door and slammed it behind me, not even seeing Hermes standing in the doorway. I didn't know that he was even going to be here, especially since I thought that I ruined the day with him.

"Where you going fox?" He called, me brushing past him. I probably looked stupid trying to play tough and walk away from him, not knowing where to go or how to get there. Especially since I was in the clouds.

"To get help."

"From who?" He asked, holding my arm to stop me and then quickly releasing it. 

"Death himself." I said, and it came out more sinisterly than I expected it to.

"Wait, you're going to Hades?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow at me. "You can't, you're not dead. Only dead people can enter the Underworld."

"And remain sane." He tacked on, rolling his eyes unnaturally.

"Apparently I'm a demigod." I reminded him, confident in what I was doing.

"Demigod or not, you're alive." He said, looking very uncomfortable with what I was deciding. "Wait, do you have a gold coin?" He asked, his tone very troubling.

"Yeah, I have more money than I can count." 

"Good. I have an idea." He said. I was a little nervous with whatever plan he came up with. Not knowing if he was really on my side, or if he had other intentions.