16

(words: 4.7K )

When I entered Heracles room, there was no sign of Megara. My brother laid in the bed, sleeping like a baby, cuddling onto a pillow, probably subconsciously thinking that it was his wife. I couldn't help but smile at the cuteness of my brother. I tiptoed into the room, mischievous thoughts running through my head. I climbed atop Heracles bed softly, trying to not rouse him. 

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake uppppp!" I screamed into his ears, startling the man awake, him jumping up with his fists balled. He looked actually scared, his eyes widened and panting like a wild animal.

I didn't realize that he could have actually been on edge, and his startle could have cost me my life, if he had truly snapped. I forgot that he was just involved in a violent fight, in addition to the scary stories that I've heard about him. He possibly had PTSD and this was probably not a good idea.

He had deep dark circles under his eyes, his golden brown skin had dulled immensely, appearing more grey than anything. He had a purple and red bruise on his arm, the size of a dinner plate. He had his shirt off, a large row of stitches on his chest where I assumed Medusa had taken his heart out. 

Curiously, I peered down my own shirt, seeing an identical stitch right on my chest as well. 

I bit back my embarrassment, holding onto his arm to calm him down. I didn't want to rile him up like that, I thought I was being playful.

"Sorry for screaming, Hunkules." I immediately apologized, the man blinking a few times and taking in his surroundings, when he recognized me finally, he slowly unclenched his fists.

"Y/N.." He whispered, staring at me confusedly. 

"How'd you sleep?" I asked him, smiling at my still blinking half-brother.

"Like I almost got murdered...again." He joked, wiping his eyes and yawning like a bear.

"Same." I quipped back, getting a small chuckle from my brother. 

"You okay?" I asked, sitting on the foot of his bed. 

"I mean, how do you feel?"

"I'm not worried about my body, it'll heal..." He said, closing his eyes tightly, as he did, the same glow enveloped him like Zeus covered me with. The small squelching noise was heard again and right before my eyes, it was like his body transformed. The man that now sat in front of me was completely healed, smiling at me like the cat that ate the mouse. 

Only, with him stopping himself, proved that he felt uncertainty.
Something that it was strange to see, coming from someone as strong as Heracles.

"Scoot over." I directed. He scooted over, patting at the empty space in his bed. I pulled the blanket over my feet and ankles, my brother jumping as my feet touched him in the bed.

"Your feet are freezing." Heracles laughed, jumping as my cold feet kept moving against him. I laughed, teasingly kicking at my brother, the man swatting me back. My brother felt almost like my best friend, allowing me to be myself around him. After a few seconds of us playing around, Heracles allowed me to rest my head on his arm.

"You're comfy for a body that's entirely composed of rock." I laughed.

"Now, what do you mean?" I asked, trying to get him to explain himself.

"I'm going to be a parent." He smiled, his teeth gleaming like diamonds. I could tell that he was happy with the upcoming addition.

 "I mean, I don't-we don't have the best role model as a father. I just want to be a good enough Daddy." He told me, his face dropping. He turned to me quickly, lifting my head from his shoulder.