𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐭

"I can't believe you're wearing that," Deena tells Kate as she puts a flashlight on her head. "I can't believe you're above wearing it when we're in the middle of the fucking woods and dead maniacs are after us," Kate snaps back. 

And I can't believe I agreed to follow them into the middle of the fucking woods while dead maniacs are after us. 

Walking into the same place in the woods where the car swerved off the road, we find one of the skull masks. "I see we're in the right place," I mumble, kicking the mask so the face is in the dark.

"Ok, so I fell out of the car, here" Sam says as she gets on the ground, replaying the events that happened the other night. "I was crawling and my nose was bleeding. And then," She sticks her hand into the moss. "I feel something," She says as we hear metal clanking coming from whatever she's messing with.

She pulls something out of the ground.

"Chains?" Kate asks. 

Sam keeps pulling on them, tugging bones out of the moss, connected to the chains. "Not just chains," Simon says. 

"Holy shit."

"Oh my god."

Josh pulls at the metal chains and finds a lock with the name 'Fier' engraved. "Fier. It's her. It's her grave," Josh says.

"Great job, Sam. You moved the bones of a witch," I say sarcastically. "Oh, no, no, no. This is bad!" Simon yells. "This is really bad!"

"No wonder the witch is pissed at us. I'd be pissed too. Sam disturbed her grave," Kate says.

Josh sighs. "Now she's sending her henchmen after us."

"Henchmen? As in every one of  those sickos on your wall is going to be coming after us?" Kate asks.

Twigs snap. We all turn around, fast, looking in the woods for the source of the noise. 

"Did you hear that?" Josh asks.

Silence.

"Hold up. Hold up," Simon whispers. "She's mad because we disturbed her grave, right?"

"Yeah. So?" Deena asks.

"So, let's un-disturb it! Just put the bones back, rebury the, and put her to rest!"

"That's so stupid!" Deena and I yell at the same time. "That's genius!" Josh says. 

"Yeah! In Poltergeist!" Simon yells. "We're not in a movie, Si!" I yell back at him.

More twigs snap, shutting us all up.

"Whatever. Let's do it quickly so we can go," Kate says. 

Everyone starts digging through the moss to find the rest of her bones. "Deena, Deena!" Simon yells. "Find something to wrap her bones!"

Deena gets up to check the car for something. She comes back with a letterman jacket and starts to wrap the bones in it.

"Guys! Guys, I think there's someone in the woods!" Josh yells. 

"Okay, well let's get the hell out of here!" I yell as I help throw the moss on top of the bones, burying them once again.

Simon pats down the moss and leans down. "We're sorry," He whispers to the bones.

"Did it work?" Kate asks.

Silence. 

I let out of breath of relief.

Too soon.

We hear footsteps running towards us. We look up to see a man with a bag over his head running at us with an axe.