𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞

Martin opens the door to the cop car and lugs out a big bag, placing it on top of the car. "What's that?" Josh asks.

"Never seen a goody bag?" Martin asks. "All cops got 'em, for emergencies. This one's Sheriff Goode's. Fully useful stuff," He tells us, opening the bag. I peak over Martin's shoulder, trying to get a better look.

"There was this one ti-"

Martin cuts himself off when he pulls out a bottle of red spray paint. "Son of a bitch," he mumbles. 

"What is it?" I ask him. 

He looks back at the mall and points at the red spray paint on the doors that reads 'Before the Witch's Final Breath She finds a Way to Cheat her Death'.

"That was Goode," He tells us. 

"That fucking psycho," I mumble. 

"Not very surprising if you ask me," Josh says. "I think we should get back inside, guys."

I nod my head in response as we start to grab stuff from the bag to bring inside the mall.

As we enter, Deena and C. Berman are already waiting for us by the tree. They stand up when they see us. "You guys ready?" Deena asks. 

"Ready to kill an evil cop? Always," Martin says. "That's what I'm saying," Simon tells Martin, holding out his hand to dap him up.

"Let's focus guys," Josh tells us after Martin and Simon separate.

Deena takes a deep breath and starts talking. "Everyone says Shadyside sucks because it's full of shitty people, that bad things happen here because we're bad, that we deserve what we have coming. That's how it was for Sarah and that's how it's been for us. But it's all bullshit. Okay, just because we're weird and smart and different doesn't mean they can feed us through their meat grinder. Not anymore. It's been three centuries. No one else has gotten this far. It stops here... tonight. It stops with us. We're gonna kill this motherfucker. For Sarah," Deena makes eye contact with me.

"For Kate." I bite my bottom lip to prevent myself from doing anything over than tear up. I feel Simon grab my hand and squeeze it.

"For Cindy," Deena says, looking at C. Berman.

"For all of us. For Shadyside. Now, let's do this."

I wipe my eyes with my hand. 

"After this over, Deena," I start. "I think you should pursue a career in motivational speaking."

She grins and walks over to me, wrapping me in a hug, causing me to let go of Simon's hand. "Love you, Deena," I mumble into her shoulder. 

"Love you too, smartass."

She pulls away and places her hands on my shoulders. "Now let's go kill this fucking cop."